graph theory tickets

1 view

Robert Miller

Dec 15, 2009, 1:22:08 PM12/15/09
to sage-devel
Hello,

The splitup of graph.py, the switch to c_graphs as default, and the
resulting awesomeness are impending!

I have just gone through all the graph theory tickets needing review
this morning. There is one left which I don't feel qualified to
review, namely the interactive graph editor #1321. Could someone more
familiar with the notebook review this?

If there are any other graph theory tickets out there, you should be
motivated to get them reviewed and merged soon, as the above mentioned
changes will be quite invasive to the graph theory corner of Sage, and
the less open graph theory tickets with patches when we do this, the
easier it will be on everyone.

The current plan is to apply these changes (barring disaster, of
course) at the end of the 4.3.1 release cycle. So, if there is
something in graph theory you've been working on getting in, this week
is the best time. Although I am still busily working on my thesis, I
might be convinced to review a few things, at least during this
transition :)

kcrisman

Dec 15, 2009, 4:39:06 PM12/15/09
to sage-devel
Hi Robert (and Nathann),

I won't have time to do the fix Nathann C. recommended in
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6522 (which isn't so much a
fix as using new functionality) for changing the copy to __copy__ in
graphs until at least Thursday. But presumably it would be good to
merge this now so that no one has to do it after the c_graph switch.

Could you (or Nathann) do the not very difficult fix of using the
functionality at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7515 to
define the deprecations? I would be happy to review it - with my
current work setup, it is MUCH easier for me to review tickets than to
make changes in patches.

Alternately, Nathann could simply allow the patch to go through after
all, though that does make http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7559
harder, it is true.

Thanks for considering it,
- kcrisman