Notebook inserts extra stuff - bug?

Andrey Novoseltsev

Dec 23, 2009, 9:07:06 AM12/23/09
to sage-devel
Hello,

I am not sure if this is something well-known or experienced by
others, since I am not sure what to search for in topics or tickets.

When I press Shift+Enter in notebook cells, then sometimes (without
any system that I can notice) it inserts some "extra stuff" like
keywords, function names, their parts, or numbers with leading dots
(some escape sequences?). It is happening for a while and on different
machines.

So - does anyone else see it or has any idea what is going wrong?

Thank you!
Andrey

mhampton

Dec 23, 2009, 10:15:02 AM12/23/09
to sage-devel
I have seen a few weird things appended to commands when I tab-
complete; I think its often a substring of the completion. I'm not
sure if its the same thing you are seeing or if its a known issue.

-Marshall

Andrey Novoseltsev

Dec 23, 2009, 11:05:14 AM12/23/09
to sage-devel
I have seen problems with tab-complete too. I don't know if they are
related - things that appear after Shift-Enter are not always parts of
commands that I have typed (like recently I have seen "div" appended,
I don't think I have ever used it). Sometimes I also get extra
indentation on Shift-Enter...

Pat LeSmithe

Dec 24, 2009, 1:32:21 AM12/24/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 12/23/2009 08:05 AM, Andrey Novoseltsev wrote:
> I have seen problems with tab-complete too. I don't know if they are

The patch at #7756

may help with these problems.

William Stein

Dec 24, 2009, 1:58:54 AM12/24/09
to sage-devel

It definitely solves what may be that problem for me (which I could
replicate), and makes sense. I've positively reviewed it, merged it
in, and pushed it to the sagenb repo.

William