permission to relicense wigner.py

Ondrej Certik

Jul 14, 2010, 12:32:32 AM7/14/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, Jens Rasch, Brian Granger
Hi,

about a year ago I got a permission from Jens (CCed) who wrote the file:

http://hg.sagemath.org/sage-main/file/tip/sage/functions/wigner.py

to use his (original) code in SymPy and license it as BSD. We just got
more people interested in that, so we'd like to port it now. So I
thought I would take the latest version which is in Sage. Using "hg
blame", I got the following people who touched the file:

jyr2000 (Jens Rasch)
aghitza (Alex Ghitza)
nguyenminh2 (Minh Nguyen)

So I wanted to ask, would it be ok with all of you involved that we
use it in sympy under the BSD license? (We'll leave there the header
saying who wrote this and that we took it from Sage.)

Thanks,
Ondrej

Alex Ghitza

Jul 14, 2010, 3:19:23 AM7/14/10
to Ondrej Certik, sage-...@googlegroups.com, Jens Rasch, Brian Granger

Hi Ondrej,

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:32:32 -0700, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> So I wanted to ask, would it be ok with all of you involved that we
> use it in sympy under the BSD license? (We'll leave there the header
> saying who wrote this and that we took it from Sage.)

I agree with the proposal.

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- http://aghitza.org/
Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne -- Australia

Message has been deleted

Jens Rasch

Jul 14, 2010, 7:04:50 PM7/14/10
to Ondrej Certik, sage-...@googlegroups.com, Brian Granger