Comments on Safe

1 view

kiw...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2007, 8:57:41 PM8/29/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Great app - works perfectly on Motorola A1200 (many java applets don't
as it lacks a keyboard). You may be intererested in writeup I did on
Safe at Motorolafans at http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14508

Two comments/suggestions:
Can you swap around the position of the OK and Change keys when you
first enter the password on Safe. By instinct I always expect OK on
the left - and keep hitting the Change button instead (which I think
would be much less used)

I was not able to get the sync via internet to work and error msg
simply states "Sync failed". I gave up after about 4 hours of playing
with it (including turning off my firewall completely). I realize you
probably have long list of enhancements, but can you add to list to
possibly add some error codes to help folks track down reason for
failure.

In end I got the manual sync process to work (described in my writeup)
and that makes a fairly easy way to maintain and sync the databases so
am happy with that.

Thanks for all your effort with this app. It is far superior to the
other password managers that I have tried.

Thomas King

Sep 1, 2007, 5:27:57 AM9/1/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kikiguy:
Thanks for the great user review! I really like your manually synchronization
approach. To facilitate a two-way synchronization I am going to implement an
encrypted import and export for SafeDesktop. This will be part of the next
release of SafeDesktop.

Additionally, I agree with you that the Change button should be moved to
another place. And I will also work on more helpful error messages. This will
be part of the next Safe release.

However, I would like to help you to fix your problems with synchronization
over the Internet. Could you please briefly describe your setup in a few
words? How is your desktop machine connected to the Internet? Is a router or
NAT involved. What is the IP address of your desktop machine? How do you get
your mobile device connected to the Internet? If you don't like to share this
information with the public just drop me an email without any other
recipients.

Thanks again for the great user review! I really love it!

Best regards,
Thomas

mbriody...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2007, 5:41:43 AM9/4/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
> Thanks for the great user review! I really like your manually synchronization
> approach. To facilitate a two-way synchronization I am going to implement an

How quickly they forget - I posted details of this approach a while
ago :-)

My requested "delete all" function would mean we wouldn't have to
manually delete databases.