Kids trek, Saturday Jan 31st

Peter Van Geit

Feb 1, 2009, 10:20:24 PM2/1/09
to The Chennai Trekking Club
All,

Last Saturday, a few of the organizing members of CTC took out 20 kids from Angel's orphanage on a one day picnic to Nagada.

We didn't open this invitation to the entire group in order to keep the participation limited. The 6-13 year olds walked for a small distance along a mountain stream with clear running water inside a lush green valley. The kids had the time of their life. To be honest they were actually doing a better job walking across river boulders then some of our new adult members ;-)

In the future I want CTC to contribute once in a while to a good social cause in between our regular treks. If anyone out there has any good ideas, please let me know.

Here are the photos taken by Samyak - CTC's resident photographer -

http://picasaweb.google.com/samyak.kaninde/CTCKidsTrekk#

--
Peter Van Geit
http://www.chennaitrekkers.org

Ramakrishnan Narayanaswamy

Feb 2, 2009, 12:03:19 PM2/2/09
to Peter Van Geit, The Chennai Trekking Club
Hi Peter,
     My 2 cents of thought.
     I would recommend CTC conducting some talent competition amongst the children, maybe drawing competition or something. This may prove to be an encouragement and maybe bring out some hidden talent.
     Also, in my opinion, it would be ideal to teach these kids about environment protection and maintenance of greenery (growing trees and plants). Being their age and environment that they grow up, these are bound to make an clear impact in their minds and may prove beneficial in the long run.

Regds,
Ramki

Vikram J

Feb 6, 2009, 11:44:27 PM2/6/09
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Hi all,

Here are some actions from my camera. Critics and comments are most welcome. Thanks to Angel for organizing this wonderful trek. A big thanks to CTC and Peter.

http://picasaweb.google.com/vikramse/Kidstrek#

Thanks
Vikram J

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Peter Van Geit <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
vivek yadav,
gurgaon, IN,

--
Thanks and Regards
Viki

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32973173@N07/
http://picasaweb.google.com/vikramse

"Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer.  It makes you a camera owner"

Makka

Feb 7, 2009, 4:26:36 PM2/7/09
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Hi All,

It's my pleasure to share my moments with u in last kids trek .Its
really really Awesome.

Thanks once again angel and Miriam and the charming kids.

This time i went one step ahead in my outdoor candid session,Thanks
Samyak & viki for their valuable support and comments.

Some Tech Spec for Photographers:

Camera: Nikon D300 ,10-20 mm Sigma,18-55m nikkor,55-200 nikkor,70-300
manual Telephoto.
S/W :
1. First time I used LightRoom 2.0 with LAB color mode (No plugins
used)due to LAB colors you can see the high colour profile in these
photos)
2.As usual our PS CS3
3.Nikon viewNX for file conversion

Here goes the photos:
Blog:
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/bhagathkumar/Kids_Blog#

Kids_Solos:
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/bhagathkumar/Kids_solo_WR#

Memebers Solos:
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/bhagathkumar/SOLOS_CORE#

Flickr_special:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhagathk/sets/72157613450506327/

My Favourites:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhagathk/3261283070/in/set-72157613450506327/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhagathk/3261232672/in/set-72157613450506327/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhagathk/3244930753/in/set-72157613450506327/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhagathk/3260508869/in/set-72157613450506327/

Comments and crtics are always Welcome..

Cheers,
Bhagathkumar
http://www.flickr.com/bhagathk