UPDATE: Bateleur near Paarl

Trevor Hardaker

Feb 8, 2013, 5:00:01 AM2/8/13
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

It would seem that the BATELEUR close to Paarl (assuming it is the same individual) is going to continue to taunt us with erratic sightings… After two separate sightings of it on Tuesday close to the Hugenot Tunnel, I have just received news again that it was seen a few hours ago (around 10h15) soaring just south of the N1 over the Old Paarl Road more or less halfway between the R44 and the Afrikaans Language Monument.

That is a large area to cover for a search of a soaring raptor, so let’s hope that it gets pinned down at a roosting spot over the next couple of days and we can all get the opportunity to add this one to our provincial lists.

Kind regards

Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za