MEGA ALERT: Possible Citrine Wagtail

Trevor Hardaker

Nov 19, 2012, 8:30:31 AM11/19/12
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
Please take this report as unconfirmed for now, but I cannot hold back on this info for too much longer.

A possible, or perhaps even probable, CITRINE WAGTAIL was seen and photographed at Mkhombo Dam yesterday roughly at the following co-ordinates: 25° 9.273'S, 28° 48.392'E

It was thought to be a Yellow Wagtail at the time and posted on various forums as such and I just happened per chance to see the photos earlier today. It immediately raised alarm bells with me, but I have not yet been able to get any further photos to absolutely confirm the ID as yet.

It would be great if a few birders with cameras could get out there as soon as possible to try and get further photos of this bird. This could be the mega that the Gauteng twitchers have been waiting for...:)

Please keep me updated!

Kind regards
Trevor