SARBN: sending through updates

Trevor Hardaker

Feb 20, 2013, 1:26:18 AM2/20/13
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

This is just another friendly request to please remember to send through your updates on the various rarities directly to me. You are, of course, welcome to post the news in whatever forum you want, but since I don’t follow all the various groups that you might post the news in 24/7, there is a strong possibility that I might miss the news unless it is sent directly to me.

I believe that the MOUNTAIN WAGTAIL at Fountains Valley Resort in Pretoria is still present this morning, but at the moment, this is actually just hearsay, as not a single person who has been to see it this morning has bothered to send me an update. And some of these people are amongst the vociferous when news is not forthcoming on rarities that they are still wanting to chase. This service can only work optimally if everyone puts in the effort to send in news and updates – rather than always just sitting back and gladly receiving the news (and rushing off to tick the various birds), please also consider “giving back a little bit” by also sending through updates. Even if it is a popular bird with lots of people going to see it, rather just send me an update anyway. It really doesn’t cost a lot to send me a quick sms or email.

For the benefit of all the newer subscribers to SARBN, news and updates can either be emailed to me at hard...@mweb.co.za (please only use this email address and not any of my others) or sent to my phone at 082 780 0376.

Lastly, I would also just like to extend a special word of thanks to all of you who do regularly make the effort to send through news and updates – it is hugely appreciated and is what makes SARBN a useful resource.

Kind regards

Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za