UPDATE: Soetwater Penguin

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 30, 2013, 11:37:54 PM1/30/13
to SA Rare Bird News

Well, you can’t fault a twitcher’s perserverance...

Somehow, some of the people have already managed to convince the gate guard to let them in to Soetwater Resort this morning and I’ve just received messages from both Mike Buckham and Michael Mason to say that the NORTHERN ROCKHOPPER PENGUIN is still there this morning. I think this gate guard is not going to know what has hit him today with all the traffic through there – I know that there are already several Gauteng twitchers up in the air as I write this on their way down to Cape Town to come and get this bird...

I know it’s stating the obvious, but please don’t go too close to the bird and stress it out as there are still a lot of people who are going to travel for this bird. Let’s give everybody a chance to see and enjoy it!

The only other thing I can say is get there as soon as you can – you are not going to want to miss this one!

Good luck!

Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za

Trevor Hardaker

Feb 2, 2013, 2:31:40 AM2/2/13
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm that the NORTHERN ROCKHOPPER PENGUIN is still showing well at the moment at Soetwater Resort.

Good luck!
Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Feb 3, 2013, 1:27:25 AM2/3/13
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
Stephen Mostert has just been in touch to confirm that the NORTHERN ROCKHOPPER PENGUIN is still on view to entertain the crowds this morning.