UPDATE: Southern Elephant Seal at Blouberg

Trevor Hardaker

Feb 8, 2013, 4:13:17 AM2/8/13
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

For those of you that were unable to get through to Table View yesterday afternoon to see the SOUTHERN ELEPHANT SEAL there before it headed off back into the water last night, you will be happy to know that it has come ashore again this morning just a little north of where it was yesterday.

Apparently, it is currently showing at Blouberg near the On the Rocks restaurant. Obviously, I don’t know how long it is still going to be there, but it stayed ashore until almost sunset yesterday, so hopefully you still have some time to get there today and see it.

Good luck if you are still planning on chasing it!

Kind regards

Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za