FURTHER UPDATE: Collared Flycatcher in Randburg

Trevor Hardaker

Dec 5, 2012, 2:34:38 AM12/5/12
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

It seems that the COLLARED FLYCATCHER has continued to show intermittently throughout the morning so far to a fairly large group of Gauteng’s finest, many of whom managed to squeeze in a lifer before work this morning. Several people seem to have lost the info on the site, so thanks to Andre Marx, here are some further details:

The bird is moving around in the canopy in a large Acacia in Malcolm Wilson’s garden at 19 Esmarelda Crescent, Robindale, and moves to neighbouring properties particularly into a large Acacia and Tipuana tree further down in Dell Street. It is therefore possible to stand in the road to view the bird, but it is necessary to keep quiet and move as little as possible as it does pick up movement. The bird moves around constantly and was seen to be actively feeding, even catching a caterpillar at one stage.

I am looking forward to receiving lots of photos of this beauty to include in tomorrow night’s report…

Good luck if you are planning on chasing it and keep us updated!

Kind regards
Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za