UPDATE: Gull at Glen Austin Pan

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 19, 2013, 1:29:35 AM1/19/13
to SA Rare Bird News

Dirk Human has been in touch to confirm that at least 9 people have already connected with the large gull at Glen Austin Pan this morning in what seems to be less than desirable birding weather. I am still waiting to receive photos from those who saw the bird this morning, but the consensus from those on site this morning is that the bird is a LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL.

So, if you are looking for something to do in the horrible weather, that is a great species for those of you that keep Gauteng province lists or Gauteng 100km radius lists, so head on out there and go and get it...

Good luck and keep us updated!

Kind regards

Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za