On Aug 19, 2010, at 1:17 PM, maphew wrote:
> umm, hello?
> is this project alive or just an idea?
Somewhere in between? I just reactivated the domain last week, so there's not much going on yet, but my goal is to re-enliven the project.
That seems like a good idea, but I think it may be a little beyond what we're ready to do with S5 any time soon. Some basic questions I'm hoping to answer first:
- What should S5 markup look like today? Should it make use of HTML5? Microformats? RDFa?
- Can we get S5 markup producers to agree on a standard for markup?
- Can we establish a test suite to validate S5 markup?
- Could we maintain a central registry of S5 themes around S5 markup?
- Could it include hooks for extensible functionality, e.g. table of contents? Could we maintain a central registry of plugins?
So while I hope to turn S5 into something that can easily include a table of contents, I don't think it's ready just yet.