Announce: 1.2 released

Alex-SF

Mar 15, 2011, 9:47:22 PM3/15/11
to rundeck-discuss
We're pleased to announce the latest and greatest Rundeck release.
Thank you to all that provided input and contributed!

* Downloads are available here: http://rundeck.org/downloads.html
* Updated documentation is here: http://rundeck.org/docs/index.html
and
included in the distro

For a list of all changes and enhancements see:
http://rundeck.lighthouseapp.com/projects/59277-development/milestones/96798-rundeck-12

1.2 Release Notes
==============

RunDeck 1.2 has some new features:

* Web API - a web API can be used to interact with the RunDeck
server.
See <http://rundeck.org/docs/1.2/RunDeck-Guide.html#API>
* YAML support for Jobs definition, Resources (nodes) definitions, and
ACL Policy files.
* UI changes - improvements, fixes for IE, and bug fixes. RSS Feeds
fixed.
* Multi-valued options - Options can specify that they accept multiple
values.
The GUI will render a set of checkboxes for the values, and the
input to scripts
will conjoin the input values with a user-specified delimiter.

Other changes

* Removed log4j listener requirement (port 4435 no longer necessary to
have open)
* RunDeck should at least start up correctly if running the launcher
from Windows.

Upgrading

* You should modify your log4j.properties files to remove reference
the "CommonLog" appender at port 4435, or you may get annoying
log4j error messages.

Please keep in touch:
#rundeck on irc.freenode.net
http://twitter.com/rundeck

Robert Krombholz

Mar 16, 2011, 2:21:16 PM3/16/11
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Amazing!

Thanks for all your efforts!

Is there something about upgrading for non-rpm installations?

Robert

Alex-SF

Mar 18, 2011, 11:24:04 AM3/18/11
to rundeck-discuss
You should just be able to re-run the launcher jar in your existing
RDECK_BASE.