rundeckd status

Jeremy Monnet

Mar 15, 2011, 5:42:30 AM3/15/11
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On solaris (5.9, in case changes occured lately), it seems you can't
just "ps $PID". ps -p $PID seems ok on solaris, aix and linux.

Regs,

Jérémy

Vincent Behar

Mar 15, 2011, 5:52:25 AM3/15/11
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

ok I am at the origin of the change from "ps -p $PID" to "ps $PID"
http://rundeck.lighthouseapp.com/projects/59277/tickets/176-rundeckd-script-under-solaris

I just had a look at our solaris instances (we have both solaris 10 and
solaris 11), and it seems the problem is that there is an "ucb" version
of ps (/usr/ucb/ps) in the PATH before the standard version (/usr/bin/ps).
The ucb version does not support "ps -p $PID", but the standard version
does.

So I think we can rollback the change and the use "ps -p $PID", and if
people have problems with it on Solaris, tell them to be sure to use the
standard version of ps.

Vincent

Le 15/03/2011 10:42, Jeremy Monnet a �crit :

> J�r�my

Jeremy Monnet

Mar 15, 2011, 6:06:29 AM3/15/11

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Vincent Behar <vin...@behar.name> wrote:
> ok I am at the origin of the change from "ps -p $PID" to "ps $PID"
> http://rundeck.lighthouseapp.com/projects/59277/tickets/176-rundeckd-script-under-solaris
>
> I just had a look at our solaris instances (we have both solaris 10 and
> solaris 11), and it seems the problem is that there is an "ucb" version of
> ps (/usr/ucb/ps) in the PATH before the standard version (/usr/bin/ps).
> The ucb version does not support "ps -p $PID", but the standard version
> does.
>
> So I think we can rollback the change and the use "ps -p $PID", and if
> people have problems with it on Solaris, tell them to be sure to use the
> standard version of ps.

Arf, maybe the script should be aware of that ? Maybe
PS=/usr/bin/ps
$PS -p $PID

??

Regs,

Jeremy

Vincent Behar

Mar 15, 2011, 6:15:26 AM3/15/11
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Le 15/03/2011 11:06, Jeremy Monnet a �crit :

> Arf, maybe the script should be aware of that ? Maybe
> PS=/usr/bin/ps
> $PS -p $PID

I think the script should just call "ps -p $PID" and let the user
configure his PATH. What if someone has its "ps" in /usr/local/bin/ps ?

Jeremy Monnet

Mar 15, 2011, 7:08:12 AM3/15/11
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Vincent Behar <vin...@behar.name> wrote:

> Le 15/03/2011 11:06, Jeremy Monnet a écrit :
>>
>> Arf, maybe the script should be aware of that ? Maybe
>> PS=/usr/bin/ps
>> $PS -p $PID
>
> I think the script should just call "ps -p $PID" and let the user configure
> his PATH. What if someone has its "ps" in /usr/local/bin/ps ?

That was just not to break your configuratio, but if you are ok with
that, the simpler the better :-)

regs,

Jeremy

Vincent Behar

Mar 15, 2011, 7:09:54 AM3/15/11
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Le 15/03/2011 12:08, Jeremy Monnet a �crit :

> That was just not to break your configuratio, but if you are ok with
> that, the simpler the better :-)

my configuration was bugged, so now I can fix it !