rvm aborting upgrade due to md5 error

Todd A. Jacobs

Apr 10, 2011, 12:10:50 PM4/10/11
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Is this a problem with the local RVM installation, or with the files
on github?

$ rvm get latest

Original installed RVM version:

rvm 1.5.3 by Wayne E. Seguin (waynee...@gmail.com) [http://
rvm.beginrescueend.com/]

rvm-<html>
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time
Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent
Left Speed
100 173 0 173 0 0 469 0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:-- 2246
ERROR:
.tar.gz downloaded does not match it's md5 checksum <html>
<center><h1>400 Bad Request</h1></center>
./html>
Aborting RVM Installation.

Wayne E. Seguin

Apr 16, 2011, 1:58:50 PM4/16/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
RVM now only operates over ssl, so to upgrade the first time rerun the installer,

OR do 'rvm get head' and then you will be able to 'rvm get latest'

  ~Wayne

Wayne E. Seguin
wayneeseguin on irc.freenode.net

Keith Bennett

Mar 19, 2012, 4:42:23 PM3/19/12
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Just ran this (19 March 2012), and got this message:

----
Deprecated command, please use:

----

...which worked beautifully.  Wayne, great product!  Thanks very much.

- Keith

Wayne, how wonderful that this message tells me exactly what to do.

Wayne E. Seguin

Mar 19, 2012, 8:23:00 PM3/19/12
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Keith,

I am ecstatic that you like it. The goal of the project has always been to make people's lives easier.

Michal Papis should also be thanked for his hard work over the past several months and for giving us a 'stable' RVM release :)

  ~Wayne
--
Please visit http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ for documentation on rvm.
Please visit https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822 to see what is being worked on currently.