Different versions of rubygems

Ramon Tayag

Mar 4, 2011, 9:17:43 AM3/4/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to have different versions of rubygems on one machine? Some older apps require older rubygems.

$ rvm rubygems 1.3.5

But it seems to install it rvm-wide - other projects that are supposed to have later versions of rubygems have 1.3.5 as well, even if they are on different gemsets.

Ramon Tayag

Wayne Seguin

Mar 4, 2011, 10:19:54 AM3/4/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
You are correct, bottom section of
http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rubies/rubygems/

It installs it to the currently selected RVM interpreter.

Ramon Tayag

Mar 6, 2011, 10:52:23 PM3/6/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Does this mean there isn't a way with RVM, at least as of now? Or, I
should use different Rubies for each app if I'm to do so?

If the latter is the case, can you have two copies of one Ruby? Let's
say both apps use the same Ruby version, but different gemsets.

Ramon Tayag

> --
> Please visit http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ for documentation on rvm.
> Please visit https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822 to see what is being worked on currently.