[rvm] RVM & Tk

Yuri Leikind

Apr 20, 2010, 9:58:26 AM4/20/10
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)"
Hello all,

What is the best way to get Tk working under RVM, Ruby 1.8.7, and OS X 10.6.3 ?

I've tried compiling gem tk_as_gem, but failed:

leikind:~$ which ruby
/Users/leikind/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p249/bin/ruby
leikind:~$ gem install tk_as_gem --no-rdoc --no-ri
ERROR: Error installing tk_as_gem:

/Users/leikind/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p249/bin/ruby extconf.rb

[ configure output oskipped]

**
** PTHREAD SUPPORT MODE ERROR:
**
** Ruby is not compiled with --enable-pthread, but your Tcl/Tk
** library seems to be compiled with pthread support. This
** combination may cause frequent hang or segmentation fault
** errors when Ruby/Tk is working. We recommend that you NEVER
** create the library with such a combination of pthread support.
**
** Please recompile Ruby with the "--enable-pthread" configure option
** or recompile Tcl/Tk with the "--disable-threads" configure option.
**

Any idea?

--
Best regards,
Yuri Leikind

P.S.
RVM is great

--
Please visit http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ for documentation on rvm.
Please visit https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822 to see what is being worked on currently.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager?hl=en

Wayne E. Seguin

Apr 24, 2010, 7:41:19 AM4/24/10
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
rvm remove 1.8.7 ; rvm install 1.8.7 -C --enable-pthread

Yuri Leikind

Apr 24, 2010, 7:57:28 AM4/24/10
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!