RVM installation not happening on Mac OS X 10.4.11

已查看 134 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

rkj2

未读,
2011年5月20日 10:09:102011/5/20
收件人 rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Hi

I am following instructions on https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/.
When I copy paste the first instruction into the console:

bash < <(curl -s https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm)

nothing happens.

Also tried :
bash < <(curl -sk https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm)

Still nothing. I check with ls -a, no .rvm directory. My shell is bash
when I check with echo $SHELL

My .profile file has the entries:

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2009-01-19_at_18:51:51: adding an
appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with
MacPorts.

There is also a .bash_login in home directory.

I have tried this several times, this first instruction itself does
not seem to do anything.

Am I missing a step since I am following exactly as per what is
detailed on the site ? I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.10.3]

Wanted to be able to upgrade to using both ruby 1.8.7 and ruby 1.9.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Wayne E. Seguin

未读,
2011年5月25日 10:32:522011/5/25
收件人 rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Try the 'latest version' method on the installation docs page.

--
Wayne E. Seguin
wayneeseguin on Skype/IRC/Twitter/Gmail

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager?hl=en

rkj2

未读,
2011年5月26日 23:19:512011/5/26
收件人 rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Dear Wayne,

I have tried many times - I type in console as sudo as well as user
with and without the switch -k. Still nothing happens.
I check for .rvm directory in user home directory as well as
directories in shell path. Still, nothing.

What am I missing? I am following instructions on
https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/.

B Rgds
Rajive

On May 25, 10:32 am, "Wayne E. Seguin" <wayneeseg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try the 'latest version' method on the installation docs page.
>
> --
> Wayne E. Seguin
> wayneeseguin on Skype/IRC/Twitter/Gmail
>
> On Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM, rkj2 wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> > I am following instructions onhttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/.
> > When I copy paste the first instruction into the console:
>
> > bash < <(curl -shttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm)
>
> > nothing happens.
>
> > Also tried :
> > bash < <(curl -skhttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm)
>
> > Still nothing. I check with ls -a, no .rvm directory. My shell is bash
> > when I check with echo $SHELL
>
> > My .profile file has the entries:
>
> > # MacPorts Installer addition on 2009-01-19_at_18:51:51: adding an
> > appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
> > export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
> > # Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with
> > MacPorts.
>
> > There is also a .bash_login in home directory.
>
> > I have tried this several times, this first instruction itself does
> > not seem to do anything.
>
> > Am I missing a step since I am following exactly as per what is
> > detailed on the site ? I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11
> > ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.10.3]
>
> > Wanted to be able to upgrade to using both ruby 1.8.7 and ruby 1.9.2.
>
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > Best regards
>
> > --
> > Please visithttp://rvm.beginrescueend.com/for documentation on rvm.
> > Please visithttps://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822to see what is being worked on currently.

rkj2

未读,
2011年5月30日 08:27:562011/5/30
收件人 rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Dear Wayne,

I copy/pasted this approach and get the following message in console.

curl -s https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm -o rvm-installer ;
chmod +x rvm-installer ; ./rvm-installer --version latest

./rvm-installer: line 6: set: errtrace: invalid option name
./rvm-installer: line 166: conditional binary operator expected

Any help on how I can get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

B Rgds
Rajive

On May 25, 10:32 am, "Wayne E. Seguin" <wayneeseg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try the 'latest version' method on the installation docs page.
>
> --
> Wayne E. Seguin
> wayneeseguin on Skype/IRC/Twitter/Gmail
>
> On Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM, rkj2 wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> > I am following instructions onhttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/.
> > When I copy paste the first instruction into the console:
>
> > bash < <(curl -shttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm)
>
> > nothing happens.
>
> > Also tried :
> > bash < <(curl -skhttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm)
>
> > Still nothing. I check with ls -a, no .rvm directory. My shell is bash
> > when I check with echo $SHELL
>
> > My .profile file has the entries:
>
> > # MacPorts Installer addition on 2009-01-19_at_18:51:51: adding an
> > appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
> > export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
> > # Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with
> > MacPorts.
>
> > There is also a .bash_login in home directory.
>
> > I have tried this several times, this first instruction itself does
> > not seem to do anything.
>
> > Am I missing a step since I am following exactly as per what is
> > detailed on the site ? I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11
> > ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.10.3]
>
> > Wanted to be able to upgrade to using both ruby 1.8.7 and ruby 1.9.2.
>
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > Best regards
>
> > --
> > Please visithttp://rvm.beginrescueend.com/for documentation on rvm.
> > Please visithttps://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822to see what is being worked on currently.

Wayne E. Seguin

未读,
2011年5月30日 19:33:272011/5/30
收件人 rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
What OS?

Sounds like your shell is perhaps not bash as it should be. If you are on Ubuntu my guess would be it's dash? Fix that first.

--
Wayne E. Seguin
wayneeseguin on Skype/IRC/Twitter/Gmail
--
Please visit http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ for documentation on rvm.
Please visit https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822 to see what is being worked on currently.

rkj2

未读,
2011年5月30日 20:04:122011/5/30
收件人 rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Dear Wayne

I am using Tiger 10.4.11. I think I have bash running:

rajivejain$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

Also,
.profile file has:

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2009-01-19_at_18:51:51: adding an
appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with
MacPorts.

There is also a .bash_login in home directory which is empty. I
understand .profile would take precedence ? I noticed I have a .rvm
folder in my home dir ... it contains 2 dirs ... archives & src.

Really appreciate your help.

Best regards
Rajive

On May 30, 7:33 pm, "Wayne E. Seguin" <wayneeseg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What OS?
>
> Sounds like your shell is perhaps not bash as it should be. If you are on Ubuntu my guess would be it's dash? Fix that first.
>
> --
> Wayne E. Seguin
> wayneeseguin on Skype/IRC/Twitter/Gmail
>
> On Monday, May 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM, rkj2 wrote:
> > Dear Wayne,
>
> > I copy/pasted this approach and get the following message in console.
>
> > curl -shttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm-o rvm-installer ;
> > chmod +x rvm-installer ; ./rvm-installer --version latest
>
> > ./rvm-installer: line 6: set: errtrace: invalid option name
> > ./rvm-installer: line 166: conditional binary operator expected
>
> > Any help on how I can get this to work would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > B Rgds
> > Rajive
>
> > On May 25, 10:32 am, "Wayne E. Seguin" <wayneeseg...@gmail.com (http://gmail.com)> wrote:
> > > Try the 'latest version' method on the installation docs page.
>
> > > --
> > > Wayne E. Seguin
> > > wayneeseguin on Skype/IRC/Twitter/Gmail
>
> > > On Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM, rkj2 wrote:
>
> > > Hi

> > --
> > Please visithttp://rvm.beginrescueend.com/for documentation on rvm.
> > Please visithttps://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822to see what is being worked on currently.

rkj2

未读,
2011年6月8日 13:49:232011/6/8
收件人 rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Hi,

So I thought curl may be giving me problems. Did a complete update of
Macports installed. Verified none outdated. Then ran:

curl -s https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm -o rvm-installer ;
chmod +x rvm-installer ; ./rvm-installer --version latest

Now I see a rvm-installer file in current directory.

But when I type:

rajive-jains-computer:~ rajivejain$ ./rvm-installer
./rvm-installer: line 6: set: errtrace: invalid option name
./rvm-installer: line 166: conditional binary operator expected
rajive-jains-computer:~ rajivejain$

Any help please - I have been trying long time to get this to work -
not sure why it does not run. I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Thank you,

B Rgds
Rajive

> > > --
> > > Please visithttp://rvm.beginrescueend.com/fordocumentation on rvm.
> > > Please visithttps://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822tosee what is being worked on currently.

whiny_nil

未读,
2011年6月13日 13:25:082011/6/13
收件人 rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Rajive:

I had the same errors when trying to install on OSX 10.4 as well.
Here is what I had to do to get it installed (warning: this is all
kind of hack-y):

* Download the rvm.sh file from here: https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/
* Open the file in your favourite text editor
* Comment out line 6 by putting a # at the start of the line
* Comment out lines 166-170 inclusive by putting a # at the start of
each line
* Comment out lines 350-359 inclusive by etc.
* Somewhere before the last line, enter these lines:
echo $rvm_prefix
echo $rvm_path
* Save the script
* Run the script (./rvm.sh). It still won't install rvm, but you will
have accomplished downloading the source files. As well, the script
will output two lines, something like this:
/Users/rajive/
/Users/rajive/.rvm
The first is the prefix (and note the ending / ) and the second is the
path that the rvm source was downloaded to
* cd to /Users/rajive/.rvm (or where ever the rvm path was
* cd again to src/rvm
* open scripts/install with a text editor
* Comment out lines 6-13 inclusive
* save
* on the command line, run this command: ./scripts/install --prefix
"Users/rajive/" --path "Users/rajive/.rvm"
Of course, replace the parameters with the right values before you run
it.
* This should install rvm. If you get some permissions errors (as I
did), you may need to temporarily chmod /Users/rajive/bin to 777, then
set it back to 755 (or whatever) when the install is done.

Not the ideal way to get this running, but I hope it helps :)

On Jun 8, 1:49 pm, rkj2 <rajive.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I thought curl may be giving me problems. Did a complete update of
> Macports installed. Verified none outdated. Then ran:
>
> curl -shttps://rvm.beginrescueend.com/install/rvm-o rvm-installer ;

Pr0d1r2

未读,
2011年7月6日 03:55:152011/7/6