rvm jruby 1.6.3 freezes

Gilbert Wong

Jul 26, 2011, 7:30:56 PM7/26/11
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Hi all,

I'm using rvm 1.6.31 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

After issued `irb` or `jirb`, it hangs without any output.
Even `jruby --version` and `jruby -e "puts 'hello'"` hang and not
returning

Here's the output of `env | grep ruby`:
GEM_HOME=/Users/gilbert/.rvm/gems/jruby-1.6.3
IRBRC=/Users/gilbert/.rvm/rubies/jruby-1.6.3/.irbrc
MY_RUBY_HOME=/Users/gilbert/.rvm/rubies/jruby-1.6.3
rvm_ruby_global_gems_path=/Users/gilbert/.rvm/gems/jruby-1.6.3@global
PATH=/Users/gilbert/.rvm/gems/jruby-1.6.3/bin:/Users/gilbert/.rvm/gems/
jruby-1.6.3@global/bin:/Users/gilbert/.rvm/rubies/jruby-1.6.3/bin:/
Users/gilbert/.rvm/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/
usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin
rvm_ruby_string=jruby-1.6.3
rvm_ruby_url=http://jruby.org.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/1.6.3/jruby-
bin-1.6.3.tar.gz
GEM_PATH=/Users/gilbert/.rvm/gems/jruby-1.6.3:/Users/gilbert/.rvm/gems/
jruby-1.6.3@global
RUBY_VERSION=jruby-1.6.3

Is it something wrong with the nailgun server?

Please help. Thanks.

mpapis

Jul 26, 2011, 8:33:02 PM7/26/11
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
turn off jruby hook: chmod -x $rvm_path/hooks/after_use_jruby

kill nailgun server: ps auxww | awk '/
[c]om.martiansoftware.nailgun.NGServer/ {print $2}' | xargs kill -9

Gilbert Wong

Jul 26, 2011, 10:24:30 PM7/26/11
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
It works!
Thanks for your promptly reply.

So, is JRuby 1.6.3 currently having this problem with running nailgun
server on Mac?
I'll be willing to file such problem in issue tracker.

Conrad Taylor

Jul 27, 2011, 12:17:29 AM7/27/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com, rvm (Ruby Version Manager)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Gilbert Wong <jaguar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It works!
> Thanks for your promptly reply.
>
> So, is JRuby 1.6.3 currently having this problem with running nailgun
> server on Mac?
> I'll be willing to file such problem in issue tracker.

Hi, I would recommend filing a ticket against JRuby project or the project in question.

-Conrad

> --
> Please visit http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ for documentation on rvm.
> Please visit https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822 to see what is being worked on currently.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager?hl=en

Wayne E. Seguin

Jul 27, 2011, 10:38:31 AM7/27/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Conrad is correct, take it to the JRuby team, they are very responsive and great at resolving issues.
--
  ~Wayne

Wayne E. Seguin
wayneeseguin on irc.freenode.net