Revert to previous version

1 view

Slobodan Kovacevic

Mar 4, 2009, 7:40:58 AM3/4/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Hello,

I don't see any way to revert a page back to one of previous versions.
I have found several pages that are in English but have been
translated to Chinese (or something similar). For example:

http://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/contributing/naming_conventions
http://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/contributing/style_guidelines
http://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/howtos/pagination

Is there a simple way to revert a page to one of the previous
versions?

Kosmas

Mar 4, 2009, 7:53:58 AM3/4/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Hi Slobodan,

You have to be logged in to be able to revert to a previous version.
I've restored the naming conventions and I'll have a look at the other
ones.

On 4 Mar, 12:40, Slobodan Kovacevic <theba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't see any way to revert a page back to one of previous versions.
> I have found several pages that are in English but have been
> translated to Chinese (or something similar). For example:
>
> http://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/contributing/naming_conventionshttp://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/contributing/style_guidelineshttp://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/howtos/pagination

Darren Torpey

Mar 4, 2009, 9:54:09 AM3/4/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I've not seen how to revert a page even while logged in. How do you make a reversion in DocuWiki? Is it like Mediawiki where you just open an old version up for editing and then save it?

-Darren

Kosmas

Mar 4, 2009, 10:10:22 AM3/4/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
When you click on the bottom of any page the button that says 'Old
revisions', at the very top of the next page that gives you a list of
the revisions, it describes how you can revert it back to an old
version:

'These are the older revisons of the current document. To revert to an
old revision, select it from below, click Edit this page and save it.
'

So basically, yes you just edit and save it.

On 4 Mar, 14:54, Darren Torpey <darren.tor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've not seen how to revert a page even while logged in. How do you make a
> reversion in DocuWiki? Is it like Mediawiki where you just open an old
> version up for editing and then save it?
>
> -Darren
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Kosmas <kosm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Slobodan,
>
> > You have to be logged in to be able to revert to a previous version.
> > I've restored the naming conventions and I'll have a look at the other
> > ones.
>
> > On 4 Mar, 12:40, Slobodan Kovacevic <theba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > I don't see any way to revert a page back to one of previous versions.
> > > I have found several pages that are in English but have been
> > > translated to Chinese (or something similar). For example:
>
> >http://newwiki.rubyonrails.org/contributing/naming_conventionshttp://...

Darren Torpey

Mar 4, 2009, 1:18:38 PM3/4/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
So the answer is "yes" -- thanks for clarifying, Kosmas.

I never noticed the instructional text there. I guess on such a data-driven page it didn't even occur to me that there might be instructions on how to use an ostensibly hidden feature (though of course it's no worse than Mediawiki in that regard).

It just goes to show the value of having "callout" boxes to draw attention to warnings and other important notes that people might otherwise skim over.

Speaking of which, do we have templates for those kinds of boxes yet? I don't see anything about it in the "Contributing to the wiki" section, but I know there was discussion of making them earlier on on this list.

-Darren

Dana Jones

Mar 4, 2009, 1:27:52 PM3/4/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Not callout boxes per se, at least not yet. The designer (Lindsay)
might come up with something along those lines. In the meantime, we're
just using the FamFamFam "information" alert icon for special notes,
and the Stop sign for anything Rails version-related. You can find
both of these already residing in the Getting Started area if you need
them. More detailed information is in the Wiki's style guidelines
topic: http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/contributing/style_guidelines

Dana

Slobodan Kovacevic

Mar 5, 2009, 8:58:00 AM3/5/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Thanks Kosmas. I have missed that, same as Darren.