http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/tags/rel_1-2-6/activeresource' doesn't exist

dmack

Nov 27, 2007, 11:26:40 PM11/27/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I'm attempting to update my frozen rails version from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6
and I get this error about activeresource not existing in 1.2.6 which
appears to be true. However, I'm just wondering why I get this
message; what is telling "rake rails:freeze:edge" to checkout
activeresource when it's not there to checkout in the first place ?

Here's the output I get when I try to freeze up to 1.2.6. My
application is working fine after the freeze and a restart, however it
would be nice to get rid of this error.

- Dan

** Invoke rails:freeze:edge (first_time)
** Execute rails:freeze:edge
A vendor/rails/railties
A vendor/rails/railties/test
A vendor/rails/railties/test/fcgi_dispatcher_test.rb
A vendor/rails/railties/test/plugin_test.rb
A vendor/rails/railties/test/rails_generator_test.rb
A vendor/rails/railties/test/abstract_unit.rb
A vendor/rails/railties/test/initializer_test.rb

. . .

A vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/multibyte/
generators
A vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/multibyte/
generators/generate_tables.rb
A vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/caching_tools.rb
A vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support.rb
A vendor/rails/activesupport/CHANGELOG
A vendor/rails/activesupport/install.rb
A vendor/rails/activesupport/MIT-LICENSE
A vendor/rails/activesupport/README
Exported revision 8214.
svn: URL 'http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/tags/rel_1-2-6/
activeresource' doesn't exist

s.ross

Nov 28, 2007, 12:58:22 AM11/28/07
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
After freezing it the first time, freeze it again. The first time
will update the rails:freeze:edge rake task and the next time will
fetch activeresource.

dmack

Nov 30, 2007, 8:47:11 PM11/30/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
This doesn't seem to work but thanks for the hint as to where I should
look:

In http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/tags/rel_1-2-6/railties/lib/tasks/framework.rake,
the code still seems to want to check out activeresource:

desc "Lock to latest Edge Rails or a specific revision with
REVISION=X (ex: REVISION=4021) or a tag with TAG=Y (ex:
TAG=rel_1-1-0)"
task :edge do
$verbose = false
`svn --version` rescue nil
unless !$?.nil? && $?.success?

< SNIP >

touch "vendor/rails/REVISION_#{ENV['REVISION']}"
end

for framework in %w(railties actionpack activerecord
actionmailer activesupport activeresource)
system "svn export #{rails_svn}/#{framework} vendor/rails/
#{framework}" + (ENV['REVISION'] ? " -r #{ENV['REVISION']}" : "")
end
end
end

Which explains why running this multiple times is not solving the
problem. Perhaps I am just mis-using rake; I am trying to freeze my
code with 1-2-6 so I just did this:

% rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_1-2-6

Dan