Alert: Check your Emails are being sent

icke

Nov 22, 2009, 1:59:28 PM11/22/09
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I have just noticed that my emails have stopped being generated by
actionmailer Net::SMTPFatalError (553 Invalid mail address)

This is a known problem and is really hard to track down. See
https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2340-action-mailer-cant-deliver-mail-via-smtp-on-ruby-191

Some others are getting slightly different messages but it all
revolves around the name format

It affects 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 and also an issue on ruby 1.8.7 and 1.9.1.
It is scheduled to be fixed in 2.3.5

There is a workaround.

I hope posting this here will help someone else google this error. I
couldn't find anything on the group archive.

O.

Eric

Nov 22, 2009, 4:04:29 PM11/22/09
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Does setting:

ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true

in your environment help?

-eric