250 Snippets for RadRails

Dr Nic

Nov 6, 2006, 10:10:30 AM11/6/06
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
RadRails is a wonderful IDE for developing Rails/Ruby, and supports a
similar auto-completion mechanism to TextMate's snippets, called
templates. You activate them by typing a portion of the template name,
and pressing CTRL-SPACE.

But RadRails doesn't come with many templates for Rails development.

I've just finished porting all the TextMate snippets across to RadRails
- about 250 of them. I hope they are useful to other RadRails
developers!

http://drnicwilliams.com/2006/11/06/post-halloween-radrails-trick-all-textmate-snippets-available/

Nic

Dark Ambient

Nov 6, 2006, 10:38:30 AM11/6/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Dr Nic ...you rock! Thank you!

Stuart
--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_ambient

zer0halo

Nov 6, 2006, 10:46:54 AM11/6/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!
--
"Impossible is nothing."

Heri R>

Nov 6, 2006, 5:27:43 PM11/6/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
thanks for sharing, dr nic ! thats a significant contribution

--
Heri R.
http://sprinj.com

MartOn

Nov 7, 2006, 3:05:48 AM11/7/06
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Is there a document describing all the wonderful templates?
(Maybe I'm blind, since I did not see it)

/MartOn

Dr Nic

Nov 7, 2006, 3:23:24 AM11/7/06
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

MartOn wrote:
> Is there a document describing all the wonderful templates?
> (Maybe I'm blind, since I did not see it)

Nothing available - I suggest looking at each template (on loaded) and
see what it does.

But some interesting summaries:

Assertion templates start with 'as', and the subsequent letters are the
first letters of the words in the assertion, e.g. assert_equals => ase,
assert_not_nil => asnn
Migration templates start with 'm'
Validation templates start with 'v'
Render templates start with 'r' and the subsequent letters are based on
the generated parts
Redirect templates start with 're'

Nic

RJ

Nov 7, 2006, 5:12:46 AM11/7/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
That sound was a million voices raised up in delight and Dr. Nic
worshipping then suddently silenced (as they got back to coding).

Right, now where are all the Rails cheat sheets done for Radrails ;)

Chop chop

Bala Murugan

Nov 7, 2006, 6:06:39 AM11/7/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
thanks for sharing, dr nic

Cayce Balara

Nov 7, 2006, 8:08:35 AM11/7/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Gee, I didn't get you anything.

This is great - THANKS.

c.

Gustav Paul

Nov 7, 2006, 8:42:16 AM11/7/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks man, this is great! I started my own little collection a while ago,
but it wasn't near as complete as this! It's really cool!

Thanks again,

Gustav Paul
gus...@rails.co.za