gem 1.3.0, netbeans 6.1 "Missing the Rails gem"

Pablo Q.

Oct 8, 2008, 3:47:27 PM10/8/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I'm on ubuntu 8.04 and I'm using netbeans 6.1 with native ruby option.

root@castor-laptop:/home/castor# gem --version
1.3.0
root@castor-laptop:/home/castor# ruby --version

I'm able to run scripts/console from command:

root@castor-laptop:/home/castor/projects/Aflus# script/console

but when I try to run the same from netbeans rails console I get this:

Missing the Rails gem. Please `gem install -v= rails`, update your
RAILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails version
you do have installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the
latest version installed.

I checked the configuration of the ruby platform and it looks fine....

Any idea?

--
Pablo Q.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/2789/Screenshot-Ruby_Platform_Manager.png

Rick

Oct 8, 2008, 9:19:44 PM10/8/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Pablo,

I've noticed a similar problem with 6.5M and 6.5Beta. My problem
turned out to be a NetBeans call to Rake that was failing. I've filed
with Sun-NetBeansDev, issue 149201.

My problem was in NetBeans source ruby2/rake_tasks_info.rb. On line 9
of that file is a call to "do_option" method on rake. This method
appears to exist in rake v0.7.? but not in v0.8.? and rake v0.8.3 is
the one that's currently shipping.

I just commented out line 9 in the NB file and all (appears to) work
fine.

You might want to turn on your IDE logging and check that you're
having the same (rake failure) problem as without the log the info
reported leads you to believe you have a different (bigger) problem.

Rick