sqlite3 has gone...

Jej

Nov 20, 2008, 11:47:14 AM11/20/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

Hi all,

I'm struggling since hours with sqlite3. Maybe I'm wrong to post here,
as I feel the problem is not directly related to rails.

After a "gem clean" this morning, mongrel doesn't want to start
anymore:

/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sqlite3
(MissingSourceFile)

But sqlite3-ruby is well installed under gem (I reinstalled to be
sure, desinstalled, resinstalled, etc) but it can't be loaded: ruby -
rubygems -e "require 'sqlite3'" returns the same error as above. It
loads well if I cd in the sqlite directory.

Here is my gem env:
RubyGems Environment:
- RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.3.1
- RUBY VERSION: 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-
darwin9.0]
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8
- RUBY EXECUTABLE: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/
Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
- EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /usr/bin
- RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
- ruby
- universal-darwin-9
- GEM PATHS:
- /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8
- /Volumes/Maison/.gem/ruby/1.8
- /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/
ruby/gems/1.8
- GEM CONFIGURATION:
- :update_sources => true
- :verbose => true
- :benchmark => false
- :backtrace => false
- :bulk_threshold => 1000
- REMOTE SOURCES:
- http://gems.rubyforge.org/

sqlite is locate here: /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/

I checked the permissions, as mentioned in some forums. I reinstalled
gem and all the gems that where uninstalled by the cleanup.

I'm locked now, I don't know what to look for... Any help welcome.

Thanks,
Jej

Jej

Nov 20, 2008, 1:12:52 PM11/20/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

In case it helps someone, I removed /Library/Ruby and reinstalled
everything. Strange bug...

Jej

Dj T@l

Nov 20, 2008, 5:57:19 PM11/20/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi all

I've the same problem since this morning.
Trying to uninstall/install didn't do the trick.

The only thing i've done since this yesterday (all work fine
yesterday) is installing updating datamapper.

If anyone has some clues or tips to help me.

Dj T@l

Nov 21, 2008, 1:41:25 AM11/21/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Some precision :
launching the same command in the sqlite3 gem work.
I install sqlite3 gem iin my local gem path (~/.gem/ruby/1 .8/gems)
but the result is the same

Karel Minarik

Nov 21, 2008, 9:43:32 AM11/21/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi,

this is closely related to datamapper and data_objects. It happened to
me yesterday when installed Integrity app and it was *quite* nasty (no
such file... in every Rake task etc).

Solution which has worked for me was from namelessjohn at
#sinatra@freenode [1]:

namelessjon_ # karmi_: sudo rm /path/to/gems/do_sqlite-0.9.7/lib/
sqlite3.dll

Apparently do_sqlite3 gets into the path somehow.

--karmi

[1] http://irclogger.com/sinatra/2008-11-20

Dj T@l

Nov 21, 2008, 12:51:09 PM11/21/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
It work for me too.

Big thanks for the help.

I think I couldn't find it alone.

Dj T@l

Nov 21, 2008, 1:01:13 PM11/21/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
After reflecting here what iI think,

In fact when you use rubygems it add all lib folder of each gem to the
load path. So when you require sqlite3 the system try loading all or
the first file the file named sqlite3 exinsting in the load path and

tilia1

Dec 7, 2008, 2:06:10 PM12/7/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I found this at http://www.rubyhead.com/2008/11/25/no-such-file-to-load-sqlite3-on-rails-22/
for me, it also turned out that

> o_sqlite3 gem that came with Merb caused this problem. The solution is to get rid of this gem by running "sudo gem >uninstall do_sqlite3″. However, if you're running JRuby and have Merb installed, this won't work.

it also worked to add

> gem 'sqlite3-ruby'

to my environment.rb file from http://www.rubyflow.com/items/1252

tilia1

Dec 7, 2008, 2:10:30 PM12/7/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
for me two different things worked. adding
gem 'sqlite3-ruby'
to my environment.rb file. from post at:http://www.rubyflow.com/items/
1252

or remove a problem with a merb gem by