Installation Problem: Invalid Gem format

dizz

Jan 8, 2008, 4:07:22 AM1/8/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hey I am having a problem installing rails on my ubuntu machine. I
cannot install any gems and keep on getting the following error.

ERROR: Error installing rails:
invalid gem format for /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/
activerecord-2.0.2.gem

I have tried updating rubygems, manually installing rubygems (not
using synaptic) and still cannot get ruby gems to work.

It would be great if anybody could give me a hand.

Thanks

Rwema Aimable

Jan 9, 2008, 12:26:35 AM1/9/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem and deleted the file
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/
activerecord-2.0.2.gem resolved the problem for me. Hope is helps

Rafael Guerrero

Jun 27, 2008, 12:01:54 AM6/27/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
i try deleted file and after execute command the file is recreate :(

Willie Bens

Aug 28, 2008, 1:59:34 PM8/28/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Folks:

I had the same problem, but with actionpack-2.1.0.gem. The way I solved
it was by deleting actionpack, and then updating gems:

cd /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/
rm actionpack-2.1.0.gem

cd /usr/local/rubygems-0.9.5/
gem update –system
gem install rails --include-dependencies

Thanks.
--Willie

Ulric W.

Jul 24, 2011, 3:08:58 AM7/24/11