how to create a forum using ROR

dhaval

May 5, 2007, 8:34:50 AM5/5/07
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
hello

Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR

thanks

Jamal Soueidan

May 5, 2007, 9:13:57 AM5/5/07
dhaval wrote:
> hello
>
> Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR
>
> thanks

Have you done anything else?

Nathan Fiedler

May 5, 2007, 11:41:38 AM5/5/07
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
A good example of forum software written in Rails is Beast:

http://beast.caboo.se/

dhaval

May 5, 2007, 1:00:49 PM5/5/07
Jamal Soueidan wrote:
> dhaval wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR
>>
>> thanks
>
> Have you done anything else?

yeh created a blog

dasil003

May 5, 2007, 1:14:11 PM5/5/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Write some models to store the users and the posts. Then write some
controllers to create, read, update and delete the users and the
posts. That is the Rails way.

stevepoll

May 5, 2007, 2:50:43 PM5/5/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
A good discussion on creating a forum using ROR can be found in the
book "Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce" by Christian Hellsten and
Jarkko Laine (Apress). There is a problem, however. The text
recommends the acts_as_threaded plugin to help with the forum
implentation. The issue is that the download location for
acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
acts_as_threaded?

Jamal Soueidan

May 5, 2007, 7:53:06 PM5/5/07
dhaval wrote:
> Jamal Soueidan wrote:
>> dhaval wrote:
>>> hello
>>>
>>> Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR
>>>
>>> thanks
>>
>> Have you done anything else?
>
> yeh created a blog

Well it's exactly like blog :)

post = topic
comments => replies

:D

Jamal Soueidan

May 5, 2007, 7:54:04 PM5/5/07
stevepoll wrote:
> A good discussion on creating a forum using ROR can be found in the
> book "Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce" by Christian Hellsten and
> Jarkko Laine (Apress). There is a problem, however. The text
> recommends the acts_as_threaded plugin to help with the forum
> implentation. The issue is that the download location for
> acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
> is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
> acts_as_threaded?

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Acts_as_threaded

Seems dead!

Stan

May 8, 2007, 1:01:26 PM5/8/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On May 5, 11:50 am, stevepoll <stevep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> implentation. The issue is that the download location for
> acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
> is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
> acts_as_threaded?

http://i.nfectio.us/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip

stevepoll

May 11, 2007, 1:17:20 PM5/11/07