connecting to multiple databases and assocations and typo

1 view

hemant

Oct 10, 2006, 3:20:05 AM10/10/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to integrate Typo with one of existing apps, and hence
users table of typo I want to use from my existing app's database.

So in typo:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base
establish_connection :users
# normal typo kung-fu
end

Then there is a line in controller code, that is creating problems:

@articles = Article.find( :all,
:offset => @pages.current.offset,
:limit => @pages.items_per_page,
:order => "contents.published_at DESC",
:include => [:categories, :tags, :user, :blog], #problem line
:conditions =>
['published = ? AND contents.published_at < ? AND blog_id = ?',
true, Time.now, this_blog.id]

The above line generates Mysql::Error saying users.country column is
not found, though I know very well that, the column is there.

So..if i remove the associations line (the line with :include), then
everything works perfectly. So i think, when i use Associations, its
not connecting to the other database for users table, it still
connects to the existing one and hence not able to find country column
there.

Is it a bug in rails?
What are my options?

--
There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.

Jeremy Kemper

Oct 10, 2006, 3:34:29 AM10/10/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

You're trying to join across databases which won't work. Remove the user include.

jeremy

hemant

Oct 10, 2006, 3:51:46 AM10/10/06
On 10/10/06, Jeremy Kemper <jer...@bitsweat.net> wrote:
> You're trying to join across databases which won't work. Remove the user
> include.
>
> jeremy

Yes...thanks for answering this question here also.

gnufied