nsSessionStore.js - Component is not available

1 view

briandichiara

Oct 24, 2007, 10:33:30 AM10/24/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
I just recently started to get this message in FireBug:

Exception... "Component is not available" nsresult: "0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame ::
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsSessionStore.js
:: sss_saveState :: line 1749" data: no]
[Break on this error] oState.session = { state: ((this._loadState ==
STATE_RUNNING) ? STATE_RUNNIN...

Any ideas as to why this happens? The page I get this on is in
development and has absolutely no javascript being executed on the
pages, aside from the script references on the page and whatever page-
load actions come along with that. Does this have to do with
scriptaculous, or something else?

kangax

Oct 24, 2007, 1:40:38 PM10/24/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
I've got same thing happening here (with the same revisions).

Matt Foster

Oct 24, 2007, 2:04:54 PM10/24/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
I've seen that, it usually happens when trying to use Event.observe
and sending an undefined function reference as the call back.

Ian

Oct 24, 2007, 6:10:46 PM10/24/07
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
I just got that today! However, the script that it occurred on didn't
have any problems on my other pc with same version of FF.

I ended up disabling an extension that was different from one pc to the
next, and it went away.

Carlos

Oct 30, 2007, 4:39:03 AM10/30/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
Which extension?? Please, I have the same problem and have lots of
extensions, I don't want to disable them all!

Brian Williams

Oct 30, 2007, 11:12:53 AM10/30/07
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
it's probably an extension that provides a session manager like Tab Mix Plus

m0d

Nov 9, 2007, 4:43:17 AM11/9/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
the same problem started when ive added http://www.google-analytics.com
to my website
Before that there was no problem with this js error

Geoff

Nov 9, 2007, 10:35:14 AM11/9/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
I've only got Web Developer, Firebug and NoScript extensions and I
hadn't seen this come up until the 2.0.0.9 update, although it appears
to have been a problem since 2.0.0.8 http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3090641#3090641.

No word yet on what is causing this?