Supported browsers for Prototype

braves...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2007, 3:11:54 PM12/6/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
I believe I've found in earlier posts to this group a list of browser
versions supported by Prototype. It would be nice if this were listed
somewhere on the main website, though, as that is pretty important
information for making decisions about adoption. It's also a big
selling point, as it says to people "you don't have to worry about
Prototype working on this list of browsers".

So to clarify the other info I got off the groups, please confirm this
list.

Supported browsers for Prototype 1.6:
- IE 6+
- Mozilla/Firefox 1.5+ (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Safari 1.3+ (Mac)

Experimental support:
- Konquerer 3.5+ (Linux)
- Opera 9+
- Safari 3+ (Windows)

Would also be good to know where things stand on Mobile Safari, given
current buzz over the iPhone. Any clarifications would be cool, and
placing this info on the main website would be awesome :)

Andrew Dupont

Dec 10, 2007, 12:13:15 PM12/10/07
to Ruby on Rails: Spinoffs
As far as I know, all unit tests pass in Safari 3 for Windows; I'd
consider it "experimental" support only until that platform sees a
final release of Safari 3.

Also, as of 1.6.0.1 (included in Rails 2.0.1, and about to be released
on its own), I think there's only one test failure in Opera 9.2+.

I agree that we need a page on the web site about this. We'll get to
it soon.

Cheers,
Andrew

On Dec 6, 2:11 pm, "bravesirro...@gmail.com" <bravesirro...@gmail.com>