[ANN] Rails 3.1.2.rc2

Jon Leighton

Nov 14, 2011, 11:11:24 AM11/14/11
to Rails Core
Hi everyone,

Rails 3.1.2.rc2 has been released. Dont ask about rc1!

Please give it a try, but first read the important note below.

If there are no release blockers, then I will be releasing the final
version some time after 16:00 UTC on 17th November.

## IMPORTANT NOTE FOR RC TESTERS ##

Rails 3.1.2 will depend on sprockets 2.1. The current stable version of
sass-rails (3.1.4) depends on sprockets 2.0. To solve this problem, the
current sass-rails release candidate removes its explicit dependency on
sprockets, because sass-rails depends on actionpack which already
depends on sprockets, so the version should be specified there.

So to test this RC, you need to change your sass-rails dependency to:

gem 'sass-rails', '~> 3.1.5.rc.2'

When Rails 3.1.2 final is released, the final version of sass-rails
3.1.5 will also be released, so people with '~> 3.1.4' in their Gemfile
will not have to do anything as Bundler will resolve the dependency
itself.

## CHANGES ##

Our changelogs are now in lovely Markdown format, which means you can
read them all nicely formatted on Github! Here are the links:

Action Mailer:

* No changes

Action Pack:

* https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/3-1-2/actionpack/CHANGELOG.md

Active Model:

* No changes

Active Record:

* https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/3-1-2/activerecord/CHANGELOG.md

Active Resource:

* No changes

Active Support:

* No changes

Railties:

* https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/3-1-2/railties/CHANGELOG.md

As ever, you can see a full list of commits between the versions on
Github:

* https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.1.1...v3.1.2.rc2

And you can see the issues we haven't closed:

*
https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1&milestone=8

Cheers,

Jon