Rails 3.0.6 ETA?

Vít Ondruch

Mar 22, 2011, 8:53:35 AM3/22/11
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Hello,

Is there some Rails 3.0.6 ETA? I am asking because there are some
security holes in Rails 3.0.3, which are currently available in Fedora
15. So is it right time to update Rails to 3.0.5 or is it worth of
waiting for 3.0.6?

Vit

Jason King

Mar 22, 2011, 2:17:13 PM3/22/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, Vít Ondruch
All production apps should be moved to 3.0.5 as soon as possible.  You won't lose any significant time doing the 3.0.5 -> 3.0.6 later.

Jon Leighton

Mar 22, 2011, 2:40:14 PM3/22/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, Vít Ondruch
Hiya,

I chatted to Aaron and he said it's okay to say that 3.0.6rc1 is planned
to be released March 28th, and then the final release on March 31st.
There is a general plan afoot to have a monthly stable release cycle.

Obviously, plans can change and dates can slip and people must not
complain if the universe does not pan out exactly as set out above :)

Jon

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 11:17 -0700, Jason King wrote:
> All production apps should be moved to 3.0.5 as soon as possible. You
> won't lose any significant time doing the 3.0.5 -> 3.0.6 later.
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Vít Ondruch <v.on...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there some Rails 3.0.6 ETA? I am asking because there are
> some
> security holes in Rails 3.0.3, which are currently available
> in Fedora
> 15. So is it right time to update Rails to 3.0.5 or is it
> worth of
> waiting for 3.0.6?
>
> Vit
>
> --

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-core?hl=en.
>

> --

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-core?hl=en.

--
http://jonathanleighton.com/

signature.asc

Vít Ondruch

Mar 22, 2011, 5:31:34 PM3/22/11
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Thank you Jon. I'll discuss on our mailing list and will see if we
will ship 3.0.5 or wait for 3.0.6.