Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 07:47:5027. 10. 08
do rubyonrails-core
I wrote this script to get a listing of Rails contributors for a talk
(one slide or two with totals, some chart, etc.):

http://pastie.org/301285

First of all I'd like to say there are practically 1000 people there,
that's just amazing guys!!!! In my view that says a lot about the way
the project deals with contributions.

The listing is not exact due to the svn days, but I've spent some time
scanning the output to try to identify the same person under different
names, nicks, etc. to get the counters as right as possible. There's a
hash table at the top of the script (emails hidden but complete in the
original).

Please, if you see there's a missing mapping for your name in the
listing below just drop me a line!

-- fxn

1887 Jeremy Kemper
1836 David Heinemeier Hansson
337 Rick Olson
334 Jamis Buck
280 Nicholas Seckar
278 Michael Koziarski
204 Joshua Peek
188 Marcel Molina
116 Pratik Naik
112 Sam Stephenson
109 Geoff Buesing
79 Tobias Lütke
76 Leon Breedt
76 Thomas Fuchs
72 Tarmo Tänav
69 Sven Fuchs
41 Scott Barron
36 Josh Peek
35 Patrik Naik
35 Cheah Chu Yeow
32 Frederick Cheung
28 Tobias Luetke
27 Josh Susser
27 miloops
26 Manfred Stienstra
24 Nick Sieger
22 Florian Weber
22 Clemens Kofler
19 Kent Sibilev
16 danger
15 Stefan Kaes
15 Ryan Bates
15 fearoffish
14 Xavier Noria
14 jeremymcanally
13 Iain Hecker
13 thechrisoshow
13 Hongli Lai (Phusion)
13 Tom Ward
13 Tim Pope
13 court3nay
12 kampers
11 Caio Chassot
11 sch...@earthlink.net
11 Lucas Carlson
11 mikong
10 lawrence
10 Luca Guidi
10 Tim Bates
10 John Barnette
10 Kevin Clark
10 norbert
9 Scott Baron
9 BobSilva
9 Nick
9 skaes
8 bscofield
8 manfred
8 Ernesto Jimenez
8 Matt Jones
8 mpalmer
8 Henrik N
8 Mislav Marohnić
8 Jan De Poorter
7 kevin...@gmail.com
7 cavalle
7 Tom Lea
7 Chad Fowler
7 Alisdair McDiarmid
7 Juanjo Bazan
7 Dan Peterson
7 Jonathan Viney
7 Aliaksey Kandratsenka
7 Eric Hodel
7 Dave Thomas
7 John Long
7 an...@wota.jp
7 Michael Schoen
7 sk...@web.de
6 skae
6 sandofsky
6 mla...@metavillage.com
6 adymo
6 Catfish
6 Jos√(c) Valim
6 matt
6 Bob Silva
6 jona...@bluewire.net.nz
6 eventualbuddha
5 da...@cherryville.org
5 Ulysses
5 dasil003
5 Florian Gross
5 Daniel Schierbeck
5 sjgman9
5 caio
5 tzaharia
5 Sean Treadway
5 dblack
5 coffee2code
5 mindel
5 kamal
5 Steve Purcell
5 what-a-day
5 Alexey
4 protocool
4 Jakob S
4 tho...@fesch.at
4 Aleksey Kondratenko
4 skaen
4 jamesh
4 Maik Schmidt
4 mur...@cYcnus.de
4 Michael Shuerig
4 xaviershay
4 Jeffrey Hardy
4 zenspider
4 j...@instance-design.co.uk
4 Rich Collins
4 Eugene Pimenov
4 h-lame
4 Marko Seppae
4 lma...@yahoo.com
4 jarkko
4 Leon Bredt
4 c.r.m...@gmail.com
4 kaj...@yahoo.com
4 Eric Anderson
4 lazyatom
4 Ryan Tomayko
4 RubyRedRick
4 fbeau...@ftml.net
4 rubyruy
3 Blair Zajac
3 rmm5t
3 David Lowenfels
3 Chris McGrath
3 Michael Schuerig
3 drnic
3 boone
3 lotswholetime
3 xal
3 adam
3 Tim Haines
3 jordi
3 Steven Soroka
3 rasputnik
3 mo...@moriq.com
3 Flurin Egger
3 pat...@lenz.sh
3 Lawrence Pit
3 mis...@nippur.irb.hr
3 Akira Matsuda
3 mic...@schubert.cx
3 evan
3 nik.wakelin
3 Daniel Guettler
3 and...@redlinesoftware.com
3 Lars Pind
3 Miles Georgi
3 Francois Beausoleil
3 kenne...@gmail.com
3 demetrius
3 Andreas Schwarz
3 akaspick
3 ca...@aei-tech.com
3 murphy
3 Rich Cavanaugh
3 Robby Russell
3 Nathan Witmer
3 mikel
3 th...@vandervossen.net
3 roderickvd
3 jonathan
3 Kevin Glowacz
3 tu...@dekadance.se
3 Will Bryant
3 shugo
3 Duane Johnson
3 Damian Janowski
3 Frederick Ros
3 Andrew Kaspick
3 Ryan Carver
3 Eloy Duran
3 Ernie Miller
3 l...@speedymac.com
3 Chris Wanstrath
3 Sebastian Kanthak
3 David Dollar
3 m.sti...@fngtps.com
3 mnaberez
3 mort...@dgrmm.net
3 ssoroka
3 Caleb Tennis
3 DeLynn
3 jer...@planetargon.com
3 richcollins
3 madlep
3 Andre Arko
3 Doug Barth
3 Trevor Turk
3 tomafro
3 evl
3 Antonio Cangiano
3 thomas.lee
3 Chad Woolley
3 Jacek Becela
3 Tim Harper
3 joost
3 Cody Fauser
2 Jamis
2 eigentone
2 mutru
2 John Sheets
2 k...@v2studio.com
2 queso
2 Daniel Morrison
2 stopdropandrew
2 st...@grytoyr.net
2 yerejm
2 George Ogata
2 dcmanges
2 bgreenlee
2 Peter Wagenet
2 Stuart Halloway
2 jkit
2 Ian White
2 Adam
2 foam...@gmail.com
2 Brennan Dunn
2 mrj
2 Giles Bowkett
2 alloy
2 Rob Anderton
2 ?
2 Irfy
2 matrix9180
2 Robert Evans
2 codahale
2 wesley.moxam
2 John D. Hume
2 GMFlash
2 rubyo...@beautifulpixel.com
2 oleganza
2 francois....@gmail.com
2 t...@craz8.com
2 Julian Tarkhanov
2 Mike Naberezny
2 Josh Knowles
2 Demetrius
2 pixeltrix
2 Amos King
2 t...@popdog.net
2 parcelbrat
2 James Adam
2 s...@notso.net
2 j...@mjg2.com
2 es...@esse.at
2 Jonathan del Strother
2 pa...@paulbutcher.com
2 yon
2 packagethief
2 John Devine
2 codyf...@gmail.com
2 trek
2 Shugo Maeda
2 to...@robotcoop.com
2 Stephan Kaes
2 bradediger
2 duane....@gmail.com
2 ag...@pobox.com
2 tom
2 JEG2
2 al...@purefiction.net
2 Johan Sorensen
2 DefV
2 Kent
2 mindforge
2 ian.w...@gmail.com
2 fl...@vanklinkenbergsoftware.nl
2 alancfrancis
2 devrieda
2 Rhett Sutphin
2 The Gang of Oracles
2 wschenk
2 ceefour
2 sur
2 ra...@cogentdude.com
2 th...@fngtps.com
2 nicksieger
2 Philip Hallstrom
2 dancroak
2 scott_willson
2 nwilmes
2 Tiago Macedo
2 Ryan Daigle
2 Isaac Feliu
2 Rodrigo Kochenburger
2 dchelimsky
2 jp.b...@gmail.com
2 frederic...@gmail.com
2 Rob Sanheim
2 ReinH
2 pelargir
2 stevenbristol
2 kazu...@fdiary.net
2 bl...@orcaware.com
2 ru...@bobsilva.com
2 adamwiggins
2 delynnb
2 Adrian Mugnolo
2 l.guidi
2 Gabe da Silveira
2 htonl
2 rtom...@gmail.com
2 rsl
2 andreas
2 rwdaigle
2 S. Brent Faulkner
2 tur...@turnipspatch.com
2 skanthak
2 Pete Deffendol
2 imajes
2 Dee.Zsombor
2 zdennis
2 devsla...@gmail.com
2 bronson
2 jer...@bsa.ca.gov
2 remvee
2 viktor tron
2 Andrew White
2 techn...@gmail.com
2 mic...@schuerig.de
2 adelle
2 canadaduane
2 java
2 sebastian.kanthak
2 taki...@drecom.co.jp
2 Sam Granieri
2 marcel
2 rainmkr
2 Edward Frederick
2 guillaume
2 Marten
2 guy....@famundo.com
2 nkallen
2 deepblue
2 topfunky
2 zsombor
2 adamm
2 Dee.Z...@gmail.com
2 brandon
2 Nik Wakelin
2 rsanheim
2 Tom Stuart
2 courtney
2 quixoten
2 abhay
2 Kyle Hargraves
2 Dirkjan Bussink
2 seth
2 Andreas Neuhaus
2 Chris Cherry
2 brynary
1 mattly
1 Dmitry V. Sabanin
1 loincloth
1 Paul Legato
1 wildchild
1 pilx
1 Scott Fleckenstein
1 Sam
1 davidjrice
1 vlad
1 mroch
1 nov
1 Luke Melia
1 Peter Jones
1 dpi...@gmail.com
1 we...@box.cz
1 pjh...@gmail.com
1 Brendon Davidson
1 tomt...@gmail.com
1 Matthew Moore
1 rscot...@gmail.com
1 jcf
1 Caleb
1 cjheath
1 choo...@gmail.com
1 Fred Cheung
1 timb
1 Nigel Ramsay
1 n...@yo.rim.or.jp
1 obrie
1 libc
1 la...@pind.com
1 wincet
1 Bruno Mattarollo
1 victor-r...@carotena.net
1 wil...@gmail.com
1 veejar
1 Adam Cig√°nek
1 ariejan
1 DeLynn Berry
1 U-ESCAPEE\Mack
1 jacobat
1 Time Pope
1 neshmi
1 a...@develooper.com
1 pbur...@gmail.com
1 Andreas
1 robbyrussell
1 ik...@dream.big.or.jp
1 saimonmoore
1 ewan
1 jean....@gmail.com
1 tolsen
1 dan...@nightrunner.com
1 Brad Greenlee
1 Pat George
1 nwo...@mail.com
1 ian
1 Ben Curren
1 remy
1 wmoxam
1 kenneth.kalmer
1 ScottSchram
1 ken.b...@gmail.com
1 dbl...@wobblini.net
1 wesg
1 David Masover
1 cdca...@gmail.com
1 nik.wakelin Koz
1 David
1 rai...@onemail.at
1 be...@silverinsanity.com
1 peterm...@gmail.com
1 con...@maik-schmidt.de
1 ler...@gmail.com
1 Micah Wedemeyer
1 david.f...@gmail.com
1 Matthew Brindley
1 la...@pinds.com
1 Chris Lloyd
1 edw...@debian.org
1 ch...@seagul.co.uk
1 Nathaniel Bibler
1 Bob Klosinski
1 raph...@yahoo.com
1 Alastair Brunton
1 Will Cannings
1 wselman
1 Stefan
1 Masao Mutoh
1 rayners
1 joerichsen
1 Dan Manges
1 bermi
1 antramm
1 jaw6
1 johnb
1 phu...@gmail.com
1 derric...@cdmplus.com
1 david.a....@gmail.com
1 bra...@opensoul.org
1 ell...@townx.org
1 Ben Sandofsky
1 aballai
1 gorou
1 Ken Miller
1 raphinou
1 lau...@gorgorg.org
1 drodriguez
1 theflow
1 revans
1 aug...@augustz.com
1 jgarber
1 DP|Flurin
1 Astinus
1 pam
1 James Mead
1 redbeard
1 chas
1 mojombo
1 Daniel Rodríguez Troitiño
1 david.calavera
1 Robby Russel
1 Luis Hurtado
1 Tammer Saleh
1 Sebastian A. Espindola
1 mar...@junkheap.net
1 ade...@bullet.net.au
1 dave
1 bmilekic
1 ja...@dang.com
1 han...@surgery.wisc.edu
1 tyler....@gmail.com
1 via Err The Blog
1 atyp
1 ryepup
1 kenneth...@bitfield.net
1 anthony.bailey
1 Alan Gano
1 Jon Leighton
1 eric....@survol.net
1 jramirez
1 mathie
1 take_tk
1 bel...@deepthought.org
1 Dmitriy Timokhin
1 sch...@earthlink.net sandr...@duke.edu
1 Jan Behrens
1 Jeffrey Allan Hardy
1 jo...@textdrive.com
1 damn...@gmail.com
1 hak...@hakuja.net
1 krishna
1 noradio
1 ivan
1 ord...@evergreen.edu
1 via Tim Bray
1 Suggested by Robby Russel
1 John R. Sheets
1 jcfi...@gmail.com
1 Bob Cottrell
1 octopod
1 cluon
1 DeLynn Barry
1 acechase
1 Adam Milligan
1 Carlos Brando
1 cyu
1 Patrick Reagan
1 Jack Danger Canty
1 developingchris
1 Brian Takita
1 sebastia...@muehlheim.de
1 mur...@rubychan.de
1 Matthew M. Boedicker
1 alec+...@veryclever.net
1 jhosteny
1 tonka
1 jona...@daikini.com
1 kev...@gmail.com
1 Nex3
1 farleyknight
1 Pelle
1 Mark Catley
1 Matt Lyon
1 gspiers
1 Claudio Poli
1 danielmorrison
1 jardeon
1 berkelep
1 psq
1 toolmantim
1 nbugajski
1 cpytel
1 haruki_zaemon
1 pivotal
1 andrew.jo...@gmail.com
1 Jacques Distler
1 Edgar J. Suarez
1 jeremy...@gmail.com
1 Ben Stiglitz
1 thkarcher
1 holoway
1 al...@atomicobject.com
1 valeksenko
1 Duncan Beevers
1 wharris
1 Dan Kubb
1 jbasdf
1 defunkt
1 anna
1 Mike Gunderloy
1 ad...@the-kramers.net
1 Andrew Vit
1 pedz
1 Jose Fernandez
1 mda...@cavoksolutions.com
1 joe...@pobox.com
1 Steven Bristol
1 Stephen Celis
1 Lars pind
1 blackanger
1 phi...@pjbsoftware.com
1 Hodel
1 Aggregated by sch...@earthlink.net
1 jcoglan
1 piotr
1 je...@ministrycentered.com
1 Tobias Luekte
1 jweiss
1 kubo
1 cohen...@gmail.com
1 Jake Howerton
1 jeff
1 MatthewRudy
1 zach-inglis-lt3
1 Ripta Pasay
1 Dreamer3
1 deberg
1 TobiasLuetke
1 leikind
1 m...@bigpond.net.au
1 wrb
1 marcenuc
1 Jason Dew
1 macho...@gmail.com
1 notahat
1 lars pind
1 ma...@imediatec.co.uk
1 atyp.de
1 redinger
1 Anna Lissa Cruz
1 caleb
1 leethal
1 Tim Chater
1 dwei...@gmail.com
1 mitreandy
1 mac...@telus.net
1 hen...@nyh.se
1 "RAILS_ENV"
1 Michael Glaesemann
1 crayz
1 mhw
1 Alex MacCaw
1 todd
1 t.l...@toolmantim.com
1 Josh Owens
1 shane
1 rodrigo k
1 joshpeek
1 cch1
1 jeremyevans
1 stuthulhu
1 gr...@lapcominc.com
1 y...@milliped.com
1 Derrick Spell
1 joshk...@gmail.com
1 pa...@cnt.org
1 mdempfle
1 maik schmidt
1 Jeremy Voorhis
1 ee
1 YuriSchimke
1 DelynnB
1 Eridius
1 r...@andreas-s.net
1 eric_oconnell
1 jeanmartin
1 j...@blankpad.net
1 sethladd
1 jack
1 danp
1 blaine
1 Ken Kunz
1 d...@omelia.org
1 moro
1 brupm
1 ryan....@gmail.com
1 w.piekutowski
1 jo...@joshpeek.com
1 rubyo...@atyp.de
1 cavelle
1 choonkeat
1 glv
1 intinig
1 DeLynn B
1 jade
1 Spakman
1 l...@omara.ca
1 Tim Lucas
1 mcmire
1 foca
1 gr...@antiflux.org
1 wilson
1 innu
1 Ezra Zygmuntowicz
1 Tobi Reif
1 mi...@michaeldewey.org
1 Ken Collins
1 Michael Schubert
1 cody
1 macournoyer
1 Adam Keys
1 Radar
1 James Cox
1 Paul Barry
1 BradG
1 f.sv...@gmail.com
1 michael@schubert
1 ddollar
1 jer...@bravenet.com
1 tom....@gmail.com
1 pelle...@eastmedia.net
1 mazn...@nerim.net
1 wangchun
1 ch...@ozmm.org
1 Rasik Pandey
1 Alexander Dymo
1 Jan Prill
1 Michael S. Klishin
1 j...@siliconcircus.com
1 tcoppock
1 wolf...@stufenlos.net
1 _why the lucky stiff
1 Jarkko
1 Theory
1 lylo
1 duncanbeevers
1 Scott Stewart
1 in...@loobmedia.com
1 Curtis Hawthorne
1 wbr...@gmail.com
1 an...@tinnedfruit.org
1 ez
1 Matthew Rudy Jacobs
1 er...@codefaktor.de
1 k...@tinker.com
1 pezra
1 Ola Bini
1 zac...@panandscan.com
1 Johan S√∏rensen
1 marclove
1 monki
1 yyyc514
1 dbussink
1 ji...@mysql.com
1 theamazingrando
1 Bradford Folkens
1 sh...@ruby-lang.org
1 Blaine
1 thejohnny
1 mattwestcott
1 adamj
1 Pivotal Labs
1 al...@byzantine.no
1 Cameron Yule
1 ultimoamore
1 assaf...@gmail.com
1 Larry Halff
1 nkr...@hotmail.com
1 se...@mattmower.com
1 phallstrom
1 woeye
1 cour...@gmail.com
1 l.fr...@gmx.de
1 hen...@mans.de
1 choonkat
1 Norbert Crombach
1 jlindley
1 Jason Roelofs
1 Suggested by Andreas
1 Michael Raidel
1 Pelle Braendgaard
1 Bruce Perens
1 Adam Majer
1 pi...@t-p-l.com
1 will.bryant
1 two...@gmail.com
1 themug
1 lag...@free.fr
1 imbc...@hotmail.com
1 dw...@dwlt.net
1 nicolas....@gmail.com
1 br...@madriska.com
1 m.langenberg
1 RichardStrand
1 Marcos Arias
1 Mike Clark
1 jonra...@shumi.org
1 Wintermute
1 Paul Smith
1 Ricardo Santos
1 evansj
1 kou
1 Jakub Ku≈∫ma
1 Nate Wiger
1 Mark James
1 dan...@yahoo.com
1 Marcos Tapajos
1 kevin...@writesoon.com
1 gnu...@gmail.com
1 Geoff Garside
1 Erkki Eilonen
1 nilsga
1 julik
1 Grzegorz Derebecki
1 yra...@gmail.com
1 Brandon Keepers
1 gjenkins
1 Danger
1 st...@starrnhorne.com
1 dylans
1 railsjitsu
1 j...@burningbush.us
1 RSL
1 Tapajós
1 m...@julik.nl
1 henrik
1 c.r.mcgrath
1 alexk...@gmail.com
1 dan
1 mjobin
1 g.bu...@teti.ch
1 Kevin Ballard
1 BMorearty
1 alexey
1 zackchandler
1 james...@gmail.com
1 Jens-Christian Fischer
1 raasdnil
1 spicycode
1 da...@ruppconsulting.com
1 blj
1 gabriel...@gmail.com
1 DeLynnB
1 andy...@gmail.com
1 garru
1 Diego Algorta
1 Lyle Johnson
1 dei...@deirdre.net
1 thewoolleyman
1 rra...@gmail.com
1 orangechicken
1 ra...@electricvisions.com
1 Amol Hatwar
1 Tom ward
1 john.andrews
1 robinjfisher
1 Aslak Helles√∏y
1 zubek
1 esad
1 dav...@dribin.org
1 Tekin Suleyman
1 cmselmer
1 Tim Morgan
1 sam
1 coffe2code
1 farzy
1 catfish
1 Martin Eisenhardt
1 dan...@nouvelles-solutions.com
1 tho...@columbus.rr.com
1 TimoMihaljov
1 sea...@rootimage.msu.edu
1 Francesc Esplugas
1 jhos...@mac.com
1 t...@moertel.com
1 richc...@gmail.com
1 kommen
1 Martin Landers
1 thijsv
1 d...@metacasa.net
1 bra...@kurowski.net
1 kris_chambers
1 NVRS
1 ruben
1 amishyn
1 empty...@gmail.com
1 freels
1 tomtoday
1 chasgrundy
1 pburleson
1 Martin Rehfeld
1 Farley Knight
1 hca...@gmail.com
1 donald...@synergetek.be
1 Adrian Holovaty
1 Lars Kanis
1 oleg....@gmail.com
1 Alexey Verkhovsky
1 David Naseby
1 jamesgolick
1 Russell Norris
1 eedn
1 ad...@galacticasoftware.com
1 Ruy Asan
1 harlancrystal
1 tdfowler
1 chrismear
1 mschoen
1 Sean Ouimet
1 er...@ruby-lang.nl
1 johnjosephbachir
1 smeade
1 mark.i...@pobox.com
1 med...@medlar.it
1 NeilW
1 Paul Horsfall
1 Ryan Kinderman
1 tarmo_t
1 nullstyle
1 jst...@oobleyboo.com
1 mfazekas
1 billkirtley
1 Yoshimasa NIWA
1 pdca...@bofh.org.uk
1 michael.niessner
1 sveiss
1 Matt Mower
1 Craig Demyanovich
1 ty...@kianta.com
1 alancf...@gmail.com
1 Carl Porth
1 HariSeldon
1 phantom
1 mpar...@pearware.org
1 charles....@gmail.com
1 dkubb
1 ra...@tpope.info
1 Bounga
1 isak
1 schu...@gmail.com
1 jesperron
1 ra...@bencurtis.com
1 Duff OMelia
1 Grant Hollingworth
1 ti...@mac.com
1 Abdur-Rahman Advany
1 Michalis Polakis
1 Mike Subelsky
1 Dan Barry
1 Nathan Weizenbaum
1 yra...@fp.org.ua
1 bla...@odeo.com
1 pte...@mandriva.com
1 s...@scottraymond.net
1 sv...@c3d2.de
1 Joshua Bates
1 Darragh Curran
1 fab...@odilat.com
1 Chris Roos
1 eyematz
1 Jeremy Hopple
1 ambethia
1 Luke Redpath
1 jeremymcnally
1 sc...@sigkill.org
1 ka...@comcard.de
1 Sean Huber
1 ma...@mattmargolis.net Marcel Molina Jr.
1 philodespotos
1 robby
1 per...@gmail.com
1 weyus
1 eige...@gmail.com
1 Pascal Belloncle
1 jh...@niveon.com
1 Paul Hammmond
1 Chris Hapgood
1 Jon Tirsen
1 patrick.t.joyce
1 Ben Munat
1 Justin French
1 ruben...@gmail.com
1 zhangyuanyi
1 colthorp
1 arthurgeek
1 justinfrench
1 laurelfan
1 eu...@space.ch
1 jqr
1 con...@lukeredpath.co.uk
1 jferris
1 anshkakashi
1 purp
1 Adeh DeSandies
1 d...@sisna.com
1 rebecca
1 Wesley Moxam
1 ja...@slashetc.com
1 Yonatan Feldman
1 j...@ulbrich-boerwang.de
1 jsheets
1 psross
1 Justin Palmer
1 norri_b
1 Zach Dennis
1 inspire22
1 James Rosen
1 Joachim Garth
1 RedTerror
1 Jim Weirich
1 tmacedo
1 hens...@papermountain.org
1 mislaw
1 aurelianito
1 sblackstone
1 Ben Schumacher
1 松田 明
1 floehopper
1 zapnap
1 Jimmy Baker
1 Nathaniel Talbott

Anthony Eden

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 07:53:5627. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Xavier Noria <f...@hashref.com> wrote:
> I wrote this script to get a listing of Rails contributors for a talk
> (one slide or two with totals, some chart, etc.):
>
> http://pastie.org/301285
>
> First of all I'd like to say there are practically 1000 people there,
> that's just amazing guys!!!! In my view that says a lot about the way
> the project deals with contributions.
>
> The listing is not exact due to the svn days, but I've spent some time
> scanning the output to try to identify the same person under different
> names, nicks, etc. to get the counters as right as possible. There's a
> hash table at the top of the script (emails hidden but complete in the
> original).
>
> Please, if you see there's a missing mapping for your name in the
> listing below just drop me a line!

I've contributed in the past but do not see my name. It has been quite
some time though.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 07:56:1227. 10. 08
do rubyonrails-core
Oh shit there's a typo in Pratik's name in the hash, it's corrected now, sorry!

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 09:41:1127. 10. 08
do rubyonrails-core
2nd version.

Counters have changed and grand total now is ~1400 people!

http://pastie.org/301335

Awesome!

Reason is Pratik recalled in svn some attributions were done in the
changelog instead of the commit message. svn authors extraction is
done now this way:

1. First extract authors from commit message
2. (new in v2) If empty, check changelogs via `git show id`
3. If empty, author is the committer

The revised script is here:

http://pastie.org/301336

Some mappings were added as well with the help of Pratik and Mike Gunderloy.

Tarmo Tänav

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 09:45:5827. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
They are likely the same person:
56 Tobias Luetke
47 Tobias Lütke

Josh Susser

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 10:01:1127. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
This is pretty cool to see, but I think it's going to be nigh
impossible to get anything like an accurate list. Even since the move
to github, some core members have been doing commits that don't
include attribution to the original author of the patch (hi, David!),
and even when attribution is made, there's no way to give credit to
all the people who contributed to the patch who weren't the author of
the ticket or the git .diff file. I also see a lot of unmatched
duplicates in your list - look at the two spellings of Tobi's name on
lines 17 and 18 in your list and Kevin Clark on lines 33 and 86, for
examples. And I know my name shows up in the changelog several
different ways too, so who knows.

Anyhoo, I don't know exactly how you plan to use this data, so that
might all be fine for your purposes. But either way I think it's
great to see even a rough number of the people who've done so much for
Rails.

--josh

--
Josh Susser
http://blog.hasmanythrough.com

Frederick Cheung

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 10:06:1127. 10. 08

On 27 Oct 2008, at 13:45, Tarmo Tänav wrote:

> They are likely the same person:
> 56 Tobias Luetke
> 47 Tobias Lütke

Generally quite a few people are there under various aliases, so I've
got numbers against Frederick Cheung, Fred Cheung, frederick.cheung,
the same holds for stefan kaes, court3nay and a few others.

Awesome stuff though, great to see so many people on that list!

Fred

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 10:09:3227. 10. 08
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Josh Susser <jo...@hasmanythrough.com> wrote:

> This is pretty cool to see, but I think it's going to be nigh
> impossible to get anything like an accurate list. Even since the move
> to github, some core members have been doing commits that don't
> include attribution to the original author of the patch (hi, David!),
> and even when attribution is made, there's no way to give credit to
> all the people who contributed to the patch who weren't the author of
> the ticket or the git .diff file. I also see a lot of unmatched
> duplicates in your list - look at the two spellings of Tobi's name on
> lines 17 and 18 in your list and Kevin Clark on lines 33 and 86, for
> examples. And I know my name shows up in the changelog several
> different ways too, so who knows.

Yeah I saw a few of them and put them in the hash.

> Anyhoo, I don't know exactly how you plan to use this data, so that
> might all be fine for your purposes. But either way I think it's
> great to see even a rough number of the people who've done so much for
> Rails.

Agreed.

Indeed my goal is just to be able to have a slide that says

~1400 contributors

and do some rough chart. That's in the context of a section of my
keynote where I talk about the project.

I tried to cope with a few things you could deal with to try to get a
figure close enough with some reasonable heuristics, but of course
there's no way you can get an accurate listing.

Emilio Tagua

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 10:17:0527. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

The complete list may never be perfect but we can see that there are more than 1400 contributors to Rails, that is something pretty awesome.

Thanks for sharing this with us Xavier,

Cheers

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 11:14:3227. 10. 08
do rubyonrails-core
3rd version. Same algorithm but I've got several mappings off-list:

http://pastie.org/301432

Yeah, looks like ~1400 is a reasonable figure.

Michael Koziarski

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 11:46:3227. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Really interesting stats, given the ever-present meme of 'it's
impossible to get patches into rails' this is a nice counter-example.
What would be really interesting would be graphs over time, etc etc.
But this is a really cool little dataset :)

--
Cheers

Koz

Tarmo Tänav

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 12:32:0527. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
nik.wakelin == Nik Wakelin

I'd suggest removing all non-alphabetic characters from all strings,
converting to lowercase and then using levenshtein distance or
something like that to see if there are more similiar names.

Jarkko Laine

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 12:44:0227. 10. 08
On 27.10.2008, at 18.32, Tarmo Tänav wrote:

> nik.wakelin == Nik Wakelin
>
> I'd suggest removing all non-alphabetic characters from all strings,
> converting to lowercase and then using levenshtein distance or
> something like that to see if there are more similiar names.

Yep, my name is there in four different places. I would assume the
amount of duplicates is vastly larger in the lower part of the list so
~1400 might or might not be in the ballpark. An interesting list,
anyways.

//jarkko

--
Jarkko Laine
http://jlaine.net

Check out my latest book, Unobtrusive Prototype, fresh off the
Peepcode oven:
http://peepcode.com/products/unobtrusive-prototype-js

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 13:52:1627. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
> Yep, my name is there in four different places.

Great I've added:

'Jarkko Laine' => ['jarkko@...', 'Jarkko', 'jarkko']

and a few more, like Obie and others: http://pastie.org/301581.

Andrew Kaspick

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 13:57:5127. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
'Andrew Kaspick' => ['akaspick@...','akaspick'] if it matters

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
27. okt. 2008, 14:09:2327. 10. 08
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Andrew Kaspick <akas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 'Andrew Kaspick' => ['akaspick@...','akaspick'] if it matters

Absolutely man!

Following a suggestion by Damian Janowski I've switched to gist in
order to have a single URL:

http://gist.github.com/20150

Following updates will go there.

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
29. okt. 2008, 12:00:4029. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Just for the list archives: Several equivalences have been taken into
account. Now moved to

http://gist.github.com/20721

Eloy Duran

neprebran,
29. okt. 2008, 14:29:0929. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Got one more for you :)

th...@vandervossen.net & th...@fngtps.com => Thijs van der Vossen

Cheers,
Eloy

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
29. okt. 2008, 16:36:3329. 10. 08
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Eloy Duran <eloy.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Got one more for you :)
>
> th...@vandervossen.net & th...@fngtps.com => Thijs van der Vossen

Great, I've spotted "thijsv" as well and updated the list.

Thank you Eloy!

Sam Granieri

neprebran,
29. okt. 2008, 22:08:1429. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Here's another alias for you:
sjgman9 => Sam Granieri

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 03:25:0130. 10. 08
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:08 AM, Sam Granieri <s...@samgranieri.com> wrote:

> Here's another alias for you:
> sjgman9 => Sam Granieri

Excellent, updated, thank you very much!

Jonathan Weiss

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 03:41:4230. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
jweiss => Jonathan Weiss

--
Jonathan Weiss
http://blog.innerewut.de

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 04:33:3830. 10. 08
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Jonathan Weiss <j...@innerewut.de> wrote:

> jweiss => Jonathan Weiss

Great, list updated, thank you!

Spakman

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 04:52:0830. 10. 08
do Ruby on Rails: Core
Here's another:

Spakman => Mark Somerville

Cheers,

Mark

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 06:34:4530. 10. 08
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Spakman <mse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's another:
>
> Spakman => Mark Somerville

Cool. Added and updated thanks!

Jordi Bunster

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 10:26:4130. 10. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On the svn days, I went by "jordi" inside the []. Since git, I'm just
myself, Jordi Bunster.

That's a pretty cool script, send a link to the slides when they're
done.

--
Jordi

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
30. okt. 2008, 11:22:4330. 10. 08
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Jordi Bunster <jo...@bunster.org> wrote:

> On the svn days, I went by "jordi" inside the []. Since git, I'm just
> myself, Jordi Bunster.

Added, thanks Jordi!

The list has now complete email addresses to easy searches:

http://gist.github.com/20721

This is the current script with guessable addresses in the mapping as well:

http://pastie.org/304092

At this moment it has +70 entries and we're close to a grand total of
1350 people.

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
7. nov. 2008, 17:34:377. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Scores are higher in general now.

When the author of a svn commit is not seen in the commit message the
script checks changelog entries in git show. A sanity #uniq was
applied there. But it turns out some commits like

752721c0729bd8230d9cd0688694c36f71db03f0

or

f18356edb728522fcd3b6a00f11b29fd3bff0577

are big and have lots of changelog items, so that #uniq was indeed
covering some contributions.

The current listing is

http://gist.github.com/20721

and there are ~1340 people right now.

Jonathan Viney

neprebran,
7. nov. 2008, 20:25:587. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I'm in there under Jonathan Viney and jona...@bluewire.net.nz, those could be combined.

-Jonathan.

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
8. nov. 2008, 03:27:568. 11. 08
On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Jonathan Viney <jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in there under Jonathan Viney and jona...@bluewire.net.nz, those could
> be combined.

Excellent, gist updated thank you!

José Valim

neprebran,
8. nov. 2008, 05:37:168. 11. 08
do Ruby on Rails: Core
Just accent fix:

Jos√(c) Valim => José Valim

Cheers!

---
José Valim
http://josevalim.blogspot.com/
http://www.pagestacker.com/

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
8. nov. 2008, 05:54:288. 11. 08
2008/11/8 José Valim <jose....@gmail.com>:

> Just accent fix:
>
> Jos√(c) Valim => José Valim

Thank you José! Do you see that one in the current gist?

http://gist.github.com/20721

The initial lists piped the output of the script to pbcopy + ⌘V and
non-ASCII was mangled.

Steven Bristol

neprebran,
9. nov. 2008, 19:27:189. 11. 08
do Ruby on Rails: Core

Steven Bristol is the same as stevenbristol

cheers,
steven bristol

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 04:07:0510. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Steven Bristol <steven...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Steven Bristol is the same as stevenbristol

Great, updated:

http://gist.github.com/20721

The current script is here:

http://gist.github.com/23458

I may create a repo and a page somewhere after the conference.

matthewr...@gmail.com

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 04:58:3310. 11. 08
do Ruby on Rails: Core

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 05:41:1510. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM, matthewr...@gmail.com
<matthewr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "MatthewRudy"
> and "Matthew Rudy Jacobs"

Excellent, gists updated, thank you!

Steven Soroka

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 10:26:5410. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Seems like this work is somewhat duplicating what the WWR hackfest
already did, no?

When are that going to be working again, anyway? :D

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 11:30:0610. 11. 08
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Steven Soroka <ssor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like this work is somewhat duplicating what the WWR hackfest
> already did, no?

The motivation for this effort is to be able to present a slide with a
figure that I can show with confidence (I am preparing a keynote that
has a section with a few metrics about the project). The current
approximation is 1300 people. I can't thank enough all the people that
have contributed equivalences!

As for the script that computed the hackfests in WWR I don't really
think it had any mapping like this. I remember in order to increase
your score you had to appear in the message/changelog in a certain
way, your user in Trac or something like that.

Jakob Skjerning

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 15:25:4010. 11. 08

On 10/11/2008, at 10:07, Xavier Noria wrote:

> http://gist.github.com/20721

For what it's worth, "Jakob S" == "jakob ~ at ~ mentalized.net"

--
Jakob Skjerning - http://mentalized.net

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 15:58:2210. 11. 08
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Jakob Skjerning <ja...@mentalized.net> wrote:

> On 10/11/2008, at 10:07, Xavier Noria wrote:
>
>> http://gist.github.com/20721
>
> For what it's worth, "Jakob S" == "jakob ~ at ~ mentalized.net"

One more :-), it's up thank you!

Ruy Asan (rubyruy)

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 19:11:0110. 11. 08
do Ruby on Rails: Core
"Ruy Asan" => "rubyruy"

Nice list :)

Ryan Bigg

neprebran,
10. nov. 2008, 21:14:2010. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am on there as Radar.
-----
Ryan Bigg
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
11. nov. 2008, 00:53:3211. 11. 08
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Ruy Asan (rubyruy) <ruy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Ruy Asan" => "rubyruy"

Up, thank you!

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
11. nov. 2008, 00:53:5711. 11. 08
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:14 AM, Ryan Bigg <radarl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on there as Radar.

Great, gists updated thank you!

jodosha

neprebran,
12. nov. 2008, 08:17:1712. 11. 08
do Ruby on Rails: Core
l.guidi -> Luca Guidi

Thanks :)

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
12. nov. 2008, 18:30:0612. 11. 08
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:17 PM, jodosha <guidi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> l.guidi -> Luca Guidi

Thank you Luca, it's up.

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
21. nov. 2008, 11:34:3621. 11. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to thank all the people helping in this effort, we got
close to 1300 and that was the figure I presented.

I plan to mantain that script + listing in some way or another,
perhaps a page somewhere. If you see any other mapping please send it
to me!

I gathered more metrics about the project like published books (+60),
commits per quarter, number of plugins (with help from Benjamin
Curtis), etc. Some people asked for the final presentation, it is
here:

http://www.slideshare.net/fxn/revolucion-rails-presentation/

Topic was revolutions and disruptiveness. Slides are mostly
bulletless. The keynote was recorded as well (Spanish), it is the
second item here:

http://isabel.dit.upm.es/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,131/Itemid,74/

Due to technical issues with the video system I couldn't use Keynote
and had to present a flat PDF file.

Best regards to all!!!

-- fxn

Xavier Noria

neprebran,
1. dec. 2008, 17:31:061. 12. 08
do rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Names in CHANGELOGs are going to be normalized with the mapping that
resulted from the effort in this thread:

http://gist.github.com/23458

This is the current patch:

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/1495

Please if you'd like to have a different "canonical"
name/nick/whatever just drop me a line!

Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj