Image content response length

koeckc

Aug 18, 2011, 2:57:16 AM8/18/11
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Hi,
All my images are served with content length 0 (when im in production
mode) and therefore are not displayed
Im using:

sprockets (2.0.0.beta.13)
rails (3.1.0.rc6)

on Mac OS X 10.6.7 with rvm .... (two different macs ...)

I have no idea how to solve this issue .. precompiling did not help
eighter ..

Rails 3.1 is simply not usable for me until i get rid of this issue
any Tips ?

(I have posted this issue as a comment on git
https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/1207#issuecomment-1829671 but
may be it is not considered because the issue is closed)

Richard Hulse

Aug 18, 2011, 5:48:29 PM8/18/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Have you upgraded the app and pasted in this line to your config?:

config.action_dispatch.x_sendfile_header = "X-Sendfile"

If so, remove it.

Your sever probably does not support this feature.

See this bug for more info:

https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/1822

and this commit:

https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/eff7fddeb26eaa346827bdb0c12f3c4514a816d3

koeckc

Aug 19, 2011, 4:32:10 AM8/19/11
to Ruby on Rails: Core
This did to the trick ... thank you very very much...