Session Issues

mwhuss

Mar 10, 2009, 12:22:30 PM3/10/09
to Ruby on Rails: Core
When using rails 2.3.1 (does not apply to 2.3.0) I am having issues
with destroying sessions (or logging out). It also only applies when
using passenger.

Conditions:
Rails 2.3.1
Passenger 2.0.6
Restful Authentication or Clearance

When using mongrel everything works as it should.

hors...@googlemail.com

Mar 10, 2009, 12:41:26 PM3/10/09
to Ruby on Rails: Core
I ran into the same thing, I believe it's related to some of the Rack
changes and is resolved in the Passenger 2.1.1 beta.

On a related Lighthouse ticket someone suggested that this issue isn't
that well publicised and I'd tend to agree. Is there anything we can
do to make sure this doesn't trip people up or did I miss something?

Mislav Marohnić

Mar 10, 2009, 2:25:57 PM3/10/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 17:41, hors...@googlemail.com <hors...@googlemail.com> wrote:

I ran into the same thing, I believe it's related to some of the Rack
changes and is resolved in the Passenger 2.1.1 beta.

As mentioned on the "last call for patches" thread: Rails 2.3 is not supported on Passenger 2.0.6.

Phusion guys will try to sync the release of Passenger 2.1.x with Rails 2.3 this weekend.

Glenn Powell

Mar 15, 2009, 9:11:37 AM3/15/09
to Ruby on Rails: Core
I seem to be also seeing this faulty session behavior using nginx and
mongrel clusters. Does anyone know if nginx is working on an update
to support these new Rails 2.3 / Rack sessions?