Github patching?

1 view

Stephen Celis

Apr 14, 2008, 2:47:41 PM4/14/08
to Ruby on Rails: Core
I noticed the Wiki question, though unanswered:

http://github.com/rails/rails/wikis

I forked Rails, fixed a relatively minor bug and sent a pull request
to the "rails" account, referencing the Trac ticket. Does the "rails"
account's inbox get checked? Should I be sending pull requests to
others?

It would probably be a good idea to get the wiki going so we can start
enjoying the git.

Stephen

Pratik

Apr 14, 2008, 2:52:42 PM4/14/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I don't think rails account box get checked. The best way is to create
a trac ticket ( as you already have ) and send an email to this list
describing the nature of the issue/fix. And probably try to get +1s in
#rails-contrib channel.

However, things might change a little bit once Rails moves to LightHouse.

--
Cheers!
- Pratik

Stephen Celis

Apr 14, 2008, 3:13:50 PM4/14/08
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Thanks. I'm interested in seeing how the transition to Lighthouse
goes.

Here's the issue:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/11560

The Github link is in the comments for easy pulling, if the patch
fits.

Stephen

Josh Peek

Apr 14, 2008, 3:30:00 PM4/14/08
to Ruby on Rails: Core
On Apr 14, 1:47 pm, Stephen Celis <stephen.ce...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I forked Rails, fixed a relatively minor bug and sent a pull request
> to the "rails" account, referencing the Trac ticket. Does the "rails"
> account's inbox get checked? Should I be sending pull requests to
> others?

That rails inbox is going be full of shit in no time. Don't bother.
We'll turn off that pull request button on "rails/rails" once it can
be done in Github.

However, I wouldn't mind taking 'tiny' patches in via 'josh/rails',
(http://github.com/josh/rails). To warn you, I'm very picky, so you'd
probably have more luck w/ a formal ticket ;)