gem install -v=2.9.0 rmagick - Can't find Magick-config in PATH

Zeno R.R. Davatz

Jan 10, 2011, 9:39:40 AM1/10/11
to RubyInstaller
Dear Luis, Dear RubyInstaller-Team

I am trying to do

C:\>gem install -v=2.9.0 rmagick

that results in

Can't install RMagick 2.9.0. Can't find Magick-config in PATH

Any hints?

best
Zeno

Luis Lavena

Jan 10, 2011, 9:41:07 AM1/10/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com

Please search the group, RMagick has already been covered and
discussed, there are also tutorials in our wiki:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials

Search is your friend, use it.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Zeno R.R. Davatz

Jan 10, 2011, 9:45:26 AM1/10/11
to RubyInstaller
On 10 Jan., 15:41, Luis Lavena <luislav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please search the group, RMagick has already been covered and
> discussed, there are also tutorials in our wiki:
>
> https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials
>
> Search is your friend, use it.

Excellent, thanks!

Best
Zeno

Zeno R.R. Davatz

Jan 10, 2011, 10:24:24 AM1/10/11
to RubyInstaller
On 10 Jan., 15:45, "Zeno R.R. Davatz" <zdav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials

On step further. This

gem install -v=2.9.0 rmagick --platform=ruby -- --with-opt-lib=C:/
ImageMagick/6.6.7-Q16/lib --with-opt-include=C:/ImageMagick/6.6.7-Q16/
include

results in

Can't install RMagick 2.9.0. Can't find Magick-config in

and this

gem install rmagick --platform=ruby -- --with-opt-lib=C:/ImageMagick/
6.6.7-Q16/lib --with-opt-include=C:/ImageMagick/6.6.7-Q16/include

results in

checking for wand/MagickWand.h... no

but file is there.

Best
Zeno

Zeno R.R. Davatz

Jan 10, 2011, 10:35:00 AM1/10/11
to RubyInstaller

Luis Lavena

Jan 10, 2011, 10:48:16 AM1/10/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Zeno R.R. Davatz <zda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This worked for me very well:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/64917/RMagick-2.12.0-ImageMagick-6.5.6-8-Q8.zip

That is a binary gem that is old and only compatible with Ruby 1.8.6.

Also, on a sidenote, try condense all your research in one email
before hitting submit. I monitor the list for every single message in
the aim of helping others, and messages about incomplete progress and
second thoughts, etc can turn into a bit of noise for some members of
the list.

Consider that part of the list etiquette, as other lists apply the
same concept, low noise, better responses.