RJB

sunil christopher

Aug 3, 2011, 7:08:27 AM8/3/11
to RubyInstaller
Hi,

I a trying to install rjb in my windows system but i am getting the
following error can u please help me correct it

The 'rjb; native reqiures installes build tools

Please update your path to include build tools......

H do can i do this

Luis Lavena

Aug 3, 2011, 8:40:15 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com

Please read the instructions that are printed at the console:

Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit
from 'http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads' and follow the instructions
at 'http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit'

In order to compile extension, you need to install development tools:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

sunil christopher

Aug 3, 2011, 8:43:58 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply ,i did as u said but now i am getting an error stating that
i must install the development kit first even though i have alredy done that.

sunil christopher

Aug 3, 2011, 8:45:40 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply ,i did as u said but now i am getting an error stating that
i must install the development tools how do i do this using GIT

Luis Lavena

Aug 3, 2011, 8:47:33 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM, sunil christopher
<sunil.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Thanks a lot for your reply ,i did as u said but now i am getting an error
> stating that
> i must install the development kit first even though i have alredy done
> that.

Seems you're not reading the instructions.

1) Did you follow all the steps indicated in the wiki page?

2) Did you verify that config.yml contain the version of Ruby you want
DevKit installed?

3) If you manually downloaded binaries, you MUST manually add the path
to the Ruby installation in config.yml inside DevKit.

Please, read the instructions.

sunil christopher

Aug 3, 2011, 8:51:58 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Yes i have done that the config.yml looks like this

# This configuration file contains the absolute path locations of all
# installed Rubies to be enhanced to work with the DevKit. This config
# file is generated by the 'ruby dk.rb init' step and may be modified
# before running the 'ruby dk.rb install' step. To include any installed
# Rubies that were not automagically discovered, simply add a line below
# the triple hyphens with the absolute path to the Ruby root directory.
#
# Example:
#
# ---
# - C:/ruby19trunk
# - C:/ruby192dev
#
---

- C:/Ruby187

Luis Lavena

Aug 3, 2011, 8:53:43 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM, sunil christopher
<sunil.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes i have done that the config.yml looks like this
>

> ---
> - C:/Ruby187

Then have you invoked: ruby dk.rb install ?

What is the output?

sunil christopher

Aug 3, 2011, 8:59:41 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Yes i have done that but it gives me a message stating that

info--Skipping existing gem override
warn--Skipping existing Dev_Kit lib

Luis Lavena

Aug 3, 2011, 9:05:14 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:59 AM, sunil christopher
<sunil.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes i have done that but it gives me a message stating that
>
> info--Skipping existing gem override
> warn--Skipping existing Dev_Kit lib

That means is installed, however you say that "gem install rdiscount"
is giving you error?

Are you sure are installing in the right version of Ruby?

Can you confirm with "ruby -v" and "where ruby.exe" ?

sunil christopher

Aug 3, 2011, 9:15:23 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Ruby--ruby 1.9.2
Location--G:\new ruby\Ruby192\bin\ruby.exe

When i do gem install rdiscount" i get an error stating

must install development tools first

Luis Lavena

Aug 3, 2011, 9:18:38 AM8/3/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:15 AM, sunil christopher
<sunil.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ruby--ruby 1.9.2
> Location--G:\new ruby\Ruby192\bin\ruby.exe
>
> When i do gem install rdiscount" i get an error stating
>
> must install development tools first

Well, this clarifies the problem: you're installing the DevKit in
Ruby187 when your current Ruby is other (1.9.2)

If you manually installed Ruby 1.9.2, dk.rb will not detect it, and
you need to manually add the entry to config.yml and then execute
"ruby dk.rb install"

Also, you installed in a path with spaces, things might not work
because of that.

Either move your Ruby 1.9.2 installation outside the path with spaces
and add - G:/Ruby192 to config.yml, or use the installer.

Then, repeat the DevKit installation process.

sunil christopher

Aug 4, 2011, 2:27:05 AM8/4/11
to luisl...@gmail.com, rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Luis a very good morning ,i want a small favour from you can u please give me the steps that i must follow
to install RJB in my system and make it run.

Thanking You

Sunil Christopher

Luis Lavena

Aug 4, 2011, 9:02:21 AM8/4/11
to sunil christopher, rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:27 AM, sunil christopher
<sunil.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Luis a very good morning ,i want a small favour from you can u please give
> me the steps that i must follow
> to install RJB in my system and make it run.

Hello, please email the list, so all benefit from the answer.

I'm not familiar with RJB, so cannot help you there. Seems is a Java
bridge which will also require development headers and libraries you
might not have.

I recommend reach out the gem authors and ask to provide a gem
compatible with "i386-mingw32" Windows platform.

You have links for that here:
https://rubygems.org/gems/rjb