Hello, good evening, and welcome.

Charles Roper

Aug 11, 2009, 12:59:53 PM8/11/09
to RubyInstaller
Hey all,

Just testing to see if the new group is working.

Is there going to be a switchover date, or is it just gonna happen
naturally?

Charles

Luis Lavena

Aug 11, 2009, 1:06:57 PM8/11/09
to RubyInstaller
On Aug 11, 1:59 pm, Charles Roper <charles.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just testing to see if the new group is working.

Hello Charles, posts are first-time approved due increased spamming.

> Is there going to be a switchover date, or is it just gonna happen
> naturally?

No switchover date planned, since there are some users not fond with
it.

From my perspective, I don't have a issue monitoring all these lists.

Cheers,
--
Luis Lavena

Jon

Aug 12, 2009, 2:31:13 AM8/12/09
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com

> > Is there going to be a switchover date, or is it just gonna happen
> > naturally?
>
> No switchover date planned, since there are some users not fond with
> it.
>
> From my perspective, I don't have a issue monitoring all these lists.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Luis Lavena

I've started using the http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller/ for the placeholder page and the gem list wiki page.

Before updating the Community, FAQ, and Home wiki pages, we should decide which one of the lists is our "primary list" to be used consistently throughout the project website, GitHub wiki, etc.

The great thing is we don't have to do a hard shutdown right away on the existing ML, but I do think we want to be very clear with people on how we'd like them to communicate with the project.

My vote is for the google group to become our primary list.

Jon

Luis...roughly how many people do you think are subscribed to the RubyForge list(s)?

Mike Hodgson

Aug 12, 2009, 10:35:37 AM8/12/09
to RubyInstaller
Hi All,

Couldn't the mailing list just be "mirrored" here as has been done
with ruby-talk, the rspec mailing list, and others?

I personally don't understand the pushback to switching to Google
Groups (I only saw one negative response), but mirroring the list
might be a happy medium. The only downside is that people wishing to
post to the list from Google Groups would still need to subscribe
through RubyForge.

Regards,
Mike

Bosko Ivanisevic

Aug 14, 2009, 7:02:56 PM8/14/09
to RubyInstaller
Just to say hello to all you guys. Luis, I was extremely busy these
days but I hope I'll be back to RubyInstaller project if there are
some opened tasks.

Best regards,
Bosko Ivanisevic

Luis Lavena

Aug 14, 2009, 7:06:14 PM8/14/09
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Bosko
Ivanisevic<bosko.iv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to say hello to all you guys. Luis, I was extremely busy these
> days but I hope I'll be back to RubyInstaller project if there are
> some opened tasks.

Mopping things after a hell of weeks at work here, so no rush.

After preview2 things are going to need more hands, but will keep
everybody in the loop.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Bosko Ivanisevic

Aug 15, 2009, 2:33:18 PM8/15/09
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Luis Lavena <luisl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Bosko
Ivanisevic<bosko.iv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to say hello to all you guys. Luis, I was extremely busy these
> days but I hope I'll be back to RubyInstaller project if there are
> some opened tasks.

Mopping things after a hell of weeks at work here, so no rush.

Yes, I saw all the discussions about documentation, site, etc.

After preview2 things are going to need more hands, but will keep
everybody in the loop.

Good. I'll be waiting for your signal ;)

Regards,
Bosko