1.9.3

rogerdpack

Sep 20, 2011, 12:12:39 PM9/20/11
to RubyInstaller
Hello all.
I noticed the other day that there are some additions in 1.9.3 that I
"wish I had" (namely: File.write)
Would it be possible to have binaries published (this would enable
testing, too) of preview 1?

Just wondering.
Thanks for all the work you do.
-roger-

Luis Lavena

Sep 20, 2011, 12:15:17 PM9/20/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM, rogerdpack <rogerp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
> I noticed the other day that there are some additions in 1.9.3 that I
> "wish I had" (namely: File.write)
> Would it be possible to have binaries published (this would enable
> testing, too) of preview 1?

rc1 will be released shortly, RubyInstaller binaries for it will be
made available.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Jon

Sep 20, 2011, 1:20:13 PM9/20/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM, rogerdpack <rogerp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> > I noticed the other day that there are some additions in 1.9.3 that I
> > "wish I had" (namely: File.write)
> > Would it be possible to have binaries published (this would enable
> > testing, too) of preview 1?
> >

> rc1 will be released shortly, RubyInstaller binaries for it will be
> made available.

Binary downloads are great, and for those bleeding-edge-hate-to-wait-in-lines types, you can always DIY similar to:

C:\>git clone https://github.com/ruby/ruby.git ruby-src
C:\>git clone https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller.git
C:\>cd ruby-src
C:\ruby-src>git checkout -b ruby_1_9_3 origin/ruby_1_9_3
C:\ruby-src>cd ..\rubyinstaller
C:\rubyinstaller>rake ruby19 local=C:\ruby-src nogems=1

and copy the contents of C:\rubyinstaller\sandbox\ruby19_mingw to another dir (eg - C:\ruby193dev) as your freshly built MRI 1.9.3dev.

And if you want to run some of the ruby-core tests, after the build finishes do something similar to:

C:\rubyinstaller>rake devkit:sh
sh-3.1$ export PATH=$PWD/sandbox/ruby19_mingw/bin:$PATH
sh-3.1$ cd sandbox/ruby19_build/
sh-3.1$ make test-all TESTS='openssl fiddle psych'
sh-3.1$ make test
sh-3.1$ exit

Jon

---
blog: http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums

"Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination." - Mark Twain

roger...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2011, 1:11:38 PM9/22/11
to RubyInstaller
> rc1 will be released shortly, RubyInstaller binaries for it will be
> made available.

Cool thanks!

rogerdpack

Oct 7, 2011, 10:54:29 AM10/7/11
to RubyInstaller
> C:\>git clonehttps://github.com/ruby/ruby.gitruby-src
> C:\>git clonehttps://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller.git
> C:\>cd ruby-src
> C:\ruby-src>git checkout -b ruby_1_9_3 origin/ruby_1_9_3
> C:\ruby-src>cd ..\rubyinstaller
> C:\rubyinstaller>rake ruby19 local=C:\ruby-src nogems=1
>
> and copy the contents of C:\rubyinstaller\sandbox\ruby19_mingw to another dir (eg - C:\ruby193dev) as your freshly built MRI 1.9.3dev.

Sweet worked a champ.
Here's my build if anybody else wants to test it out:
http://rogerdpack.t28.net/incoming/ruby193.rc1_mingw.7z
Thanks!
-r