While Installing cucumber Getiing following error

adi

Aug 16, 2011, 4:48:14 AM8/16/11
to RubyInstaller
Can any body tell what is happening and why

C:\Ruby192\devkit>gem install cucumber
Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...
ERROR: Error installing cucumber:

C:/Ruby192/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
checking for re.h... no
checking for ruby/st.h... yes
creating Makefile

Gem files will remain installed in C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/
json-1.5.
3 for inspection.
Results logged to C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/json-1.5.3/ext/
json/ext/pa
rser/gem_make.out

Luis Lavena

Aug 16, 2011, 8:03:34 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:48 AM, adi <adity...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any body tell what is happening and why
>
> C:\Ruby192\devkit>gem install cucumber
> Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> ERROR:  Error installing cucumber:
>        ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
>        C:/Ruby192/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb

Can you check our troubleshooting page for possible causes?

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Troubleshooting#wiki-gems_fails_comspec_autorun

Also, will be great to know:

1) You Installed RubyInstaller using the .exe?

2) Did you installed using Administrative elevation?

3) What are the contents of DevKit config.yml after you followed the
installation instructions?

4) What version of Windows are you using?

Help us help you.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

adi

Aug 16, 2011, 10:21:38 AM8/16/11
to RubyInstaller
I performed this deligently still no respite ( getting the same
error )

Though i found Autorun and removed it .

On Aug 16, 1:03 pm, Luis Lavena <luislav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:48 AM, adi <aditya0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can any body tell what is happening and why
>
> > C:\Ruby192\devkit>gem install cucumber
> > Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...
> > Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> > The system cannot find the path specified.
> > The system cannot find the path specified.
> > ERROR:  Error installing cucumber:
> >        ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> >        C:/Ruby192/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
>
> Can you check our troubleshooting page for possible causes?
>
> https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Troubleshooting#wiki-g...

Aditya tondon

Aug 16, 2011, 10:35:26 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Contents of Operating_system.rb file ( i think it is not correct ) Can you please advise .

# :DK-BEG: missing DevKit/build tool convenience notice
Gem.pre_install do |gem_installer|
  unless gem_installer.spec.extensions.empty?
    have_tools = %w{gcc make sh}.all? do |t|
      system("#{t} --version > NUL 2>&1")
    end

    unless have_tools
      raise Gem::InstallError,<<-EOT
The '#{gem_installer.spec.name}' native gem requires installed build tools.

Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit
from 'http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads' and follow the instructions
at 'http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit'
EOT
    end
  end
end
# :DK-END:

Jon

Aug 16, 2011, 10:40:28 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
> *Contents of Operating_system.rb file ( i think it is not correct ) Can you
> please advise . *

> # :DK-BEG: missing DevKit/build tool convenience notice
> Gem.pre_install do |gem_installer|
> unless gem_installer.spec.extensions.empty?
> have_tools = %w{gcc make sh}.all? do |t|
> system("#{t} --version > NUL 2>&1")
> end
>
> unless have_tools
> raise Gem::InstallError,<<-EOT
> The '#{gem_installer.spec.name}' native gem requires installed build tools.
>
> Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit
> from 'http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads' and follow the instructions
> at 'http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit'
> EOT
> end
> end
> end
> # :DK-END:

this indicates you didn't run `ruby dk.rb install` from your DevKit install directory.

Jon

---
blog: http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums

"Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination." - Mark Twain

Aditya tondon

Aug 16, 2011, 10:44:56 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
GOT IT WORKING ...
IT WAS THE COMPSEC ISSUE
REG DELETE  "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor"

Thanks LUIS ( a ton )

Jon

Aug 16, 2011, 10:58:30 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
> GOT IT WORKING ...
> IT WAS THE COMPSEC ISSUE
>
> REG DELETE "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor"

would you double-check and confirm that you still have a "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor" key?

Luis Lavena

Aug 16, 2011, 11:04:26 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Aditya tondon <adity...@gmail.com> wrote:
> GOT IT WORKING ...
> IT WAS THE COMPSEC ISSUE
>
> REG DELETE "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor"

That is dangerous, in the wiki instructions *never* suggested remove
the Command Processor key, just the inner value!

Please verify your system is still working...

PS: Avoid all uppercase, we are not yelling at you.

Aditya tondon

Aug 16, 2011, 11:15:41 AM8/16/11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
yup i  used this one and sorry for uppercase ..

REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor" /v AutoRun