Ruby 1.9.2, json, json_pure, cucumber

Badal

Dec 19, 2010, 9:34:07 AM12/19/10
to RubyInstaller
On Windows XP 32, with ruby 1.9.2. and DevKit 4.5
I want to use cucumber which asks specifically for json and does not
see json_pure.
The json binary is not compatible.
Building json_pure from source is OK.
Building json fails (no obvious reason given in mkmf.log or
gem_make.out, maybe dependency of iconv lacking in 1.9.2 ???).

Does somebody know, either how to build json, or how to tell cucumber
to use json_pure ? Or do I have to clone cucumber, modify the gemspec
and rebuild it ?

_md

Boško Ivanišević

Dec 19, 2010, 10:13:18 AM12/19/10
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Uninstall json that was installed with cucumber:

gem uninstall json

and install it from source

gem install json --platform=ruby

--
Regards,
Boško Ivanišević

Badal

Dec 19, 2010, 10:17:16 AM12/19/10
to RubyInstaller
> Uninstall json that was installed with cucumber:
>
> gem uninstall json
>
> and install it from source
>
> gem install json --platform=ruby
>
> --
> Regards,
> Boško Ivanišević

This is exactly what I did, but it does not work.

I found a work around : go in .../gems/1.9.1/specifications and patch
cucumber.gemspec and gherkin.gemspec to make them use json_pure.

_md

Luis Lavena

Dec 19, 2010, 12:10:12 PM12/19/10
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Badal <mic...@demazure.com> wrote:
> On Windows XP 32, with ruby 1.9.2. and DevKit 4.5
> I want to use cucumber which asks specifically for json and does not
> see json_pure.
> The json binary is not compatible.
> Building json_pure from source is OK.
> Building json fails (no obvious reason given in mkmf.log or
> gem_make.out, maybe dependency of iconv lacking in 1.9.2 ???).

This works under pretty much any environment, as json do not depend on
iconv for the C component.

When reporting a problem, please include the complete output of gem
install and the contents of mkmf.log for us to help you better.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Badal

Dec 19, 2010, 1:55:21 PM12/19/10
to RubyInstaller

On 19 déc, 18:10, Luis Lavena <luislav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When reporting a problem, please include the complete output of gem
> install and the contents of mkmf.log for us to help you better.

Problem solved by ... reinstalling the DevKit ! I had Windows problems
and somehow it was corrupted. Sorry for the noise !

But the gsl/narray question (other thread) remains open...
_md