Problem installing rubyamf with rails 2.3.4 on windows

lionel breduillieard

Oct 12, 2010, 2:57:00 PM10/12/10
to rubyamf
Hello

I am trying to install the plugin in a rails app (rails 2.3.4)
with rails 3, it's working like a charm :) - just after found how
install mysql2 gem.

I'm on windows and I have that message
=> Plugin not found: ["git://github.com/victorcoder/
rubyamf_plugin.git"]
I've try on a mac... and it works...

Does I miss something or I'm just cursed with ruby on windows ? :)

Lionel

Mark W. Foster

Oct 12, 2010, 3:05:40 PM10/12/10
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what you mean by installing into a rails 2.x app with rails 3. Are
you getting your scripts mixed up?

Rails 2.x script/plugin install ...

Rails 3 rails plugin install ...

Have you tried this from a command prompt?

Mark

Hello

Lionel

warhammerkid

Oct 12, 2010, 3:14:20 PM10/12/10
to rubyamf
Have you installed git under windows? If you haven't installed git,
you'll want to go to http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list
and download the "full installer for official Git". Then try it again.

lionel breduillieard

Oct 12, 2010, 6:14:40 PM10/12/10
to rubyamf
I try to install the rubymaf plugin in a rails 3.0.0 application
(rails plugin install git://github.com/victorcoder/rubyamf_plugin.git)
=> working
I try to install the rubyamf plugin in a rails 2.3.4 application (ruby
script/plugin install git://github.com/victorcoder/rubyamf_plugin.git)
=> not working

I have already install git. (it work when I install git plugin on a
rails 3 application) don't know why it's not working with rails 2.3.4
app.

Lionel

Mark W. Foster

Oct 12, 2010, 6:25:48 PM10/12/10
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Any chance you can post a stack trace?

Also, does your ruby script/generate model .. work in your 2.3.4
environment?

Am wondering if you have an issue with your libraries since you have
installed rails 3. Can you run any 2.3.4 scripts?

lionel breduillieard

Oct 13, 2010, 4:35:38 AM10/13/10
to rubyamf
Hello Mark

I only have one version of rails when I do test to avoid confilct
between rails version
I will try a script generate and if I can get it, the stack trace
related to the plugin installation

Thanks

Lionel
Message has been deleted

lionel breduillieard

Oct 15, 2010, 6:08:36 PM10/15/10
to rubyamf
hello,

Do you know if there is a way to install the plugin from a local
directory (after download the plugin sources on my computer)

Lionel

On 13 oct, 10:35, lionel breduillieard

Mark W. Foster

Oct 15, 2010, 6:15:01 PM10/15/10
to rub...@googlegroups.com

1. Download source from github.

2. Put the source code in your vendors folder of your project as if you had
installed.

3. Navigate to the folder in a command prompt (windows, sudo mac) where the
install.rb file is and run: ruby install.rb

4. That should do it