0.3 release

1 view

Adam Wiggins

Mar 26, 2008, 3:34:43 PM3/26/08
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
rush 0.3 is out. Changes since 0.2:

- Box#bash and Dir#bash now take an optional :user argument, which
uses sudo to execute the command as that user. Example:
box.bash("/etc/init.d/nginx reload", :user => 'root')

- Box#bash and Dir#bash now take an optional :env argument, which is a
hash of environment variables used when executing the command.
Example: dir.bash("mongrel_rails start", :env => { :RAILS_ENV =>
'production' })

- The rush equivalent of chmod is Entry#access=. Example: file.access
= { :user_can => :read_and_write, :group_and_other_can => :read }

- File permissions can be read with Entry#access. This returns a hash
with up to nine parameters (the 3x3 matrix of user/group/other
read/write/execute). Example: file.access[:other_can_write]

- Some fixes by Michael Schutte

- Logo and new colorscheme, courtesy of my partner James Lindenbaum

Check out the updated handbook pages for more examples of the new features:

http://rush.heroku.com/handbook/access
http://rush.heroku.com/handbook/bash

Jeff Barret

Mar 28, 2008, 12:04:18 PM3/28/08