Ruby AMQP client for RabbitMQ 1.8.0

J. Brisbin

Jun 30, 2010, 4:14:35 PM6/30/10
to AMQP
I just upgraded to RabbitMQ 1.8.0 and found out the current Ruby AMQP
client won't work with it. What needs to be done to make the Ruby AMQP
client 0-9-1 compatible? Point me in the right direction and I can try
and hack a patch or something.

I'd hate to have to revert to 1.7.2 but I will if I have to.

Aman Gupta

Jun 30, 2010, 4:19:07 PM6/30/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
What doesn't work?

Aman

Jon Brisbin

Jun 30, 2010, 4:27:55 PM6/30/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
It was giving me an error on declaring a queue. It seemed to be related to the amqp/spec.rb file not properly reflecting the 0.9.1 spec (which would make sense since the current one is 0.8 spec).

I downloaded the 0.9.1.json spec file and regenerated the amqp/spec.rb file, then manually copied that file to my gems directory. Re-ran my utility and all seems well.

jb

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

Jon Brisbin

Jun 30, 2010, 4:54:17 PM6/30/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I spoke too soon.

I cleared the error I was getting, but I don't see that queue subscriptions are working right. I can see a message sitting in the queue but a call to MQ.queue() doesn't ever call the block I pass it.

jb