[ANN] Ruboto IRB 0.6 release

Scott

Sep 22, 2011, 9:44:07 AM9/22/11
to Ruboto (JRuby on Android)
Ruboto IRB 0.6 is on the market and available through github:

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.ruboto.irb
https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto-irb/downloads

Features:
- JRuby 1.6.4
- Split ruboto.rb script (new start up sequence, legacy support)
- Removed some callbacks that can be replaced with Procs
- New icons
- Fixed EditText limitation on Samsung devices
- New demos
- Adds permission for Camera

One of the most useful features of this release is the new demo-irb-
server. When run it fires up a webrick server allowing you to interact
with Ruboto IRB from your computer's browser (eval code, create,
update, and scripts).

Charles Oliver Nutter

Sep 22, 2011, 9:58:59 AM9/22/11
to Ruboto (JRuby on Android)
Brilliant!

FWIW, I'm officially going to switch to an Android device for my next
phone. Just waiting to see if Galaxy S2 is available at my preferred
providers, or looking for other phone suggestions. Once I've got an
Android phone in hand, I'll have no choice but to do more Ruboto
hacking :)

Also...tweeted from @MrRuboto.

- Charlie