[rspec-users] `rake spec` with rails 3.0.3 and rspec-rails 2.4.1

Michael Guterl

Jan 13, 2011, 4:17:06 PM1/13/11
to rspec-users
We're upgrading a rails 2.3.x application to Rails 3. When running
`rake spec` no specs are running.

$ rake spec --trace
(in /Users/michaelguterl/code/rm/board)
** Invoke spec (first_time, not_needed)

$ gem list | grep rspec
rspec (2.4.0)
rspec-core (2.4.0)
rspec-expectations (2.4.0)
rspec-mocks (2.4.0)
rspec-rails (2.4.1)

$ rails -v
Rails 3.0.3

lib/tasks/rspec.rake is now gone because as I understand it rake tasks
can be loaded through railtie integration in rails 3, which I believe
rspec takes advantage of.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Best,
Michael Guterl

David Chelimsky

Jan 13, 2011, 4:40:57 PM1/13/11
to rspec-users

On Jan 13, 2011, at 3:17 PM, Michael Guterl wrote:

> We're upgrading a rails 2.3.x application to Rails 3. When running
> `rake spec` no specs are running.
>
> $ rake spec --trace
> (in /Users/michaelguterl/code/rm/board)
> ** Invoke spec (first_time, not_needed)
>
> $ gem list | grep rspec
> rspec (2.4.0)
> rspec-core (2.4.0)
> rspec-expectations (2.4.0)
> rspec-mocks (2.4.0)
> rspec-rails (2.4.1)
>
> $ rails -v
> Rails 3.0.3
>
> lib/tasks/rspec.rake is now gone because as I understand it rake tasks
> can be loaded through railtie integration in rails 3, which I believe
> rspec takes advantage of.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

Did you include rspec-rails in the :development group?

http://relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-rails

Michael Guterl

Jan 13, 2011, 5:17:25 PM1/13/11
to rspec-users
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM, David Chelimsky <dchel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2011, at 3:17 PM, Michael Guterl wrote:
>
>> We're upgrading a rails 2.3.x application to Rails 3.  When running
>> `rake spec` no specs are running.
>>
>> $ rake spec --trace
>> (in /Users/michaelguterl/code/rm/board)
>> ** Invoke spec (first_time, not_needed)
>>
>> $ gem list | grep rspec
>> rspec (2.4.0)
>> rspec-core (2.4.0)
>> rspec-expectations (2.4.0)
>> rspec-mocks (2.4.0)
>> rspec-rails (2.4.1)
>>
>> $ rails -v
>> Rails 3.0.3
>>
>> lib/tasks/rspec.rake is now gone because as I understand it rake tasks
>> can be loaded through railtie integration in rails 3, which I believe
>> rspec takes advantage of.
>>
>> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Did you include rspec-rails in the :development group?
>
> http://relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-rails

Thanks David, despite pouring over that doc and the upgrade doc many
times, I just kept missing it.

David Chelimsky

Jan 13, 2011, 5:40:28 PM1/13/11
to rspec-users

On Jan 13, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Michael Guterl wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM, David Chelimsky <dchel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 13, 2011, at 3:17 PM, Michael Guterl wrote:
>>
>>> We're upgrading a rails 2.3.x application to Rails 3. When running
>>> `rake spec` no specs are running.
>>>
>>> $ rake spec --trace
>>> (in /Users/michaelguterl/code/rm/board)
>>> ** Invoke spec (first_time, not_needed)
>>>
>>> $ gem list | grep rspec
>>> rspec (2.4.0)
>>> rspec-core (2.4.0)
>>> rspec-expectations (2.4.0)
>>> rspec-mocks (2.4.0)
>>> rspec-rails (2.4.1)
>>>
>>> $ rails -v
>>> Rails 3.0.3
>>>
>>> lib/tasks/rspec.rake is now gone because as I understand it rake tasks
>>> can be loaded through railtie integration in rails 3, which I believe
>>> rspec takes advantage of.
>>>
>>> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>> Did you include rspec-rails in the :development group?
>>
>> http://relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-rails
>
> Thanks David, despite pouring over that doc and the upgrade doc many
> times, I just kept missing it.

I'll make sure it's more clear.