Gaming convention/trade shows Anyone know of a compiledlist of annual events?

donn...@msn.com

Jan 6, 2009, 11:26:38 AM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
I ask this because I would like to meet most of you. OK, all of
you. : )

Also, I think that blogging has taken hind tit long enough. With the
first of (hopefully) many annual anthologies being released in the not
so distant future, why don't WE organize and get together at an event
to promote it?

Money - always in short supply.
Time - Slightly cheaper, but still a precious commodity.

Still, this community has amazed me several times already with all
it's connections, knowledge, and experience...any thoughts or ideas?

Gen Con
PaizoCon
GAMA

The big players. There are literally scores of smaller regional cons
too...now let the daydream bubble popping begin!

PS - Wyatt, I expect you to go to PaizoCon just for the cookies.

MadBrew

Jan 6, 2009, 11:46:14 AM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
I would also add to your list of major events:

Origins
DragonCon
D&D Experience (formerly WinterFantasy)

The National Gamers Guild has a nice list, and I always like checking
out the event schedules of companies:

http://www.nggnet.com/features/Conventions.htm
http://paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wo/3.2.1.35.3.1.1.2.0.5.1.1.EventFinder.0.2.1.5.3.0.1
http://www.sjgames.com/con/

Jonathan Jacobs

Jan 6, 2009, 11:59:20 AM1/6/09
to rpgbl...@googlegroups.com
With new job starting in a month, and two kids under 5, I honestly doubt that I'll be able to attend any conferences... unless they are of the RNA biology or Antibody Engineering sort. =(

However, if anyone DOES attend a conference and would like to promote OPEN GAME TABLE (the RPG blog anthology that Donny is referring to), please keep me in mind. There may very well be opportunities to spread the word about the RPG blogging community to the rest of the gaming community at Cons' and... what better way to do that than offer up an Anthology that showcases our talent, right?  Anyway, once the book is published, just remember to try to keep me in the loop. The more noise we make about our community, the more readers we might peal off from Forumland.

Jonathan Jacobs, Ph.D.
lab: (301) 402-1155
cell: (240) 447-4039

Hammer

Jan 6, 2009, 12:07:56 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
Steamrolling in for the European Contingent, a list of cons and
compations can be found here (http://darransims.livejournal.com/
26488.html).

Shame we don't have anything on quite the same scale as Gen Con.

Hammer

Jan 6, 2009, 12:08:52 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
Sorry. URL got chopped, try this one:
http://darransims.livejournal.com/26488.html

donn...@msn.com

Jan 6, 2009, 12:36:36 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
Hmmmm.....FLGS sponsorship (of the support, not $$$ kind) feels like
the right direction.

Thanks for the links guys! I need to think about this alittle more,
with the world economy in the toilet, this is probably a bad time.

Definitely need to campaign, there are a lot of forum-goers that
profess to be fed up. I wonder if they could leave the trainwreck
behind?

Tommi

Jan 6, 2009, 12:38:14 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
Another major event: Ropecon, Espoo, Finland. (Espoo is near Helsinki,
the capital, and fairly easy to get to.) Date not announced yet,
typically in the first half of August.

Any foreigners will be treated well and with due respect.

donn...@msn.com

Jan 6, 2009, 12:47:51 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
I hope so, being eaten by the locals can be a lame way to wrap up a
CON experience : )

Thanks, Tommi!
> > too...now let the daydream bubble popping begin!- Hide quoted text -

Shent_lodge

Jan 6, 2009, 2:58:12 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers

I like Wornhorn for viewing events. http://www.warhorn.net/

Does this help?

Jon

Shent_lodge

Jan 6, 2009, 2:59:26 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
I meant warhorn...

On Jan 6, 1:58 pm, Shent_lodge <shent_lo...@worldofalidor.com> wrote:
> I like Wornhorn for viewing events.http://www.warhorn.net/
>
> Does this help?
>
> Jon

donn...@msn.com

Jan 6, 2009, 4:49:22 PM1/6/09
to rpgbloggers
YES!!!

That's almost exactly what I was looking for! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, T
H A N K Y O U !!!

...note to self, no more coffee after lunch.