Roosevelt Institute | Campus Network Health Care Center Biweekly Newsletter

1 view

Sara John

Jan 10, 2010, 11:29:51 PM1/10/10
to sj...@rooseveltinstitute.org

Heya Roosevelters!!!

Happy 2010! Lots o' opportunities below, so check 'em out!

Let's get to it!

Action Items

  • Write a full length policy piece and get it published in the Roosevelt Review national journal. Interested? Lemme know ASAP!!!
  • Send me your Health Center member emails so everyone can stay in the loop and have direct access to Roosevelt updates and opportunities
  • Interested in co-authoring an op-ed with Dean Baker, co-director of Center of Economic Policy Research?? Take advantage of this great opportunity! Email me and let me know!
  • IMPACT PLANS! Have a great idea but aren't quite sure how to get the ball rolling? Check out a new service we're offering exclusively to Roosevelters. The form is on the chapter toolbox page along with all the other request forms. If you want to make an IMPACT, then this is the form for you!
  • Interested in BLOGGING?  Please email me and let me know if you can make a once a month commitment to blogging for your center- great and easy way to get your ideas out there!
  • What are you working on in your chapter? Let me know that way the center can provide what you need in 2010!
  • Check out the Healthcare Reform Comparative on our website! It analyzes the bills on the table right now and how they affect our generation. So take a gander and let me know what you think!
  • And here are some great opportunities:
    • Blog for Wright on Health! Brad Wright, a Roosevelt alum, has a great health care blog he is willing to publish a Roosevelter's quality health policy blog piece every Friday! This is a GREAT opportunity! If you are interested please contact me!

Save the Dates

1.January 22nd: The Roosevelt Institute Economic Policy Initiative and the Campus Network are pleased to bring you this day of conversation with Bo Cutter.  It will take place Friday, January 22nd here in Washington DC.  Please fill out an application.

2. April 14-18, 2010Global Engagement Summit at Northwestern University, 5 day training conference for students committed to global change. GES builds the capacityof participants to engage with new communities and partner in shared global problem solving. American Delegate Application due 12/1.

3. April 16-18, 2010: Clinton Global Initiative University at the University of Miami Project submission deadlines: February 1st

4. January 15, 2010: Midwest Political Science Association Undergraduate Proposal Project submission. Sorry about the last minute notice, but a Roosevelt partner passed it along. For more info, click here

5. If you or your chapter is interested in hosting any Health Care Center Events this year, please let your Regional Coordinator and me know as soon as possible so we can get planning! Holla for for you self-motivated intiators!

In the News

National

Regional

South

West As EPA Moves to Crack Down on Smog, Here's a Closer Look at Its Physical Toll - LA Times

Northeast

Shout Outs

Shout out to Mia Przyborowski at Mt. Holyoke and Jake Grumbach at Columbia our regular bloggers for the Health Care Center! Check out their high quality work! Interested in getting your voice out there? Holla at me! Get inspired...

Get involved and get your name up here! You could, you know, write a blog... Also, if you want to brag about yo chapter or a
Rooseveltbud- please do! Email me and I will spread their fame with my incredible listserv powers!

Fun Stuff

Jon Stewart trows some punches for health care reform at the bottom of this page

----

Note: If someone you know is interested
in joining the Health Care Center (and really, who wouldn't be?) please do not hesitate to send me his or her contact information. We want to make sure that everyone who wants to be receiving these updates can receive them.

As always, let me know what you're doing so that we can promote your ideas and connect you with like-minded fellow Roosevelters from across the country. I am here for you!!! So utilize me please! Even if you don't have any particular questions, just introduce yourself! I love making friends!

RooseveltLOVE,
Sara John

National Health Care Strategist
Roosevelt Institute | Campus Network